Drivers window open when car locked

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Wondered if anyone had issues with drivers window half open when returning to locked car.
Thought maybe had leaned on key fob in pocket.
Now suspect it jumped down when holding locking to fold mirrors.
Any I fo appreciated

Bahnstormer_vRS

Oct 28, 2021
I don't know about the windows, sorry, but you refer to "when holding locking to fold mirrors."

My mirrors fold automatically, along with the car being locked, on one press of the 'lock' button on the key, or when I touch the outside of either of the front door handles.

Hope that helps.

Guy

Tell

Staff member
Wondered if anyone had issues with drivers window half open when returning to locked car.
Thought maybe had leaned on key fob in pocket.
Now suspect it jumped down when holding locking to fold mirrors.
Any I fo appreciated
Check the convenience functions locking to make sure you have it set off. That's the one that drops windows if it senses a long button press for open. They come defaulted to on. I know you got the drivers side but make sure you got it set to off. This is the one that fixes mystery opens. Could be something else thou.

> SETTINGS > Opening and closing.
Screenshot_20211229-222248.png

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Check the convenience functions locking to make sure you have it set off. That's the one that drops windows if it senses a long button press for open. They come defaulted to on. I know you got the drivers side but make sure you got it set to off. This is the one that fixes mystery opens. Could be something else thou.

> SETTINGS > Opening and closing.
View attachment 29046

Thanks for the info. After trying a reset holding open for 10s it seems to have rest the window close

Tell

Staff member
Thanks for the info. After trying a reset holding open for 10s it seems to have rest the window close
That's the other one that after the battery has been disconnected you have to retrain the windows so the comfort opening works but it also stops the mirrors folding in on automatic. Thus if they don't fold in you retrain the windows. You also put comfort opening off then to keep on the safe side of those mystery openings.

I've told the Leon 4 people about that one...

My notes on that one:

>>
Resetting one-touch opening and closing
The automatic open and close function will
not work if the battery has been temporarily
disconnected. The function can be restored
as follows:
– Close the window as far as it will go by lift-
ing and holding the electric window switch.
– Release the switch and then lift it again for
1 second. This will re-enable the automatic
function.
If you push (or pull) a button to the first
stage, the window will open (or close) until
you release the button. If you push or lift the
button briefly to the second stage, the win-
dow will open (one-touch opening) or close
(one-touch closing) automatically. If you op-
erate the button while the window is opening
or closing, it stops at this position.
<<

That one has been reported to happen mysteriously where you need to retrain even thou the battery hasn't been disconnected.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members