Electrics issue

AJ Styles

I have had my Leon 1.6 TDi with tech pack from brand new since July 2014. I have noticed on a few occasions that the car has been unlocked when I have gone out to it in the morning. I definitely locked it the night before. I had put it down to accidently pressing the key fob when in my pocket. This evening, when I went out to the car, all 4 windows were fully open - definitely closed when the car was locked up last night.

Has anyone else had these problems, and if so, would it be an ECU fault that is causing these issues?

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
well the car will lock itself if you don't open the doors after a certain amount of time after unlocking

are you sure you are locking it? not pressing the unlock instead like I have done a few times!

as for the windows dropping that could be the keyfob pressed and held in your pocket

I would make a conscious point of not putting your keys in your pocket for a while and see if it stops

AJ Styles

Thanks for the advice, a couple of times the car has unlocked itself whilst the keys have been left in the house. As for the windows, my keyfob only locks/unlocks the doors and the extra button only unlocks the tailgate.
I will bring it up with the dealer as the car is due an oil change shortly.

MilesPortent

Sep 24, 2016
I think this is just down to pressure on the key in your pocket as I've had all of the above happen to me too (once, all the windows were down and it had been snowing - luckily the interior only got a light dusting!)

I started leaving the key out of my pocket once I got indoors and never had the problem again.

Just in case I forget, I turn off the convenience option during the winter now :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.