Facelift Wing Mirror Parts

Mr_G

Oct 23, 2019
Had a coming together with an idiot who didn't understand how traffic calming works and have ended up with a rather battered wing mirror :-(

The glass, cover and indicator strip have had it but thankfully the actual housing, power folding and glass positioning motor are ok so whilst not ideal could have been far worse.

The other driver didn't hang around to exchange details and I'd rather not have an at-fault claim to deal with so been looking around online for replacement parts but seeing some conflicting information as some suppliers give a date cut off of 2018 and others 2020.

Ours is a 2019 Xcellence Lux ST, can anyone confirm that the glass, LED strip and covers are the same as the pre-facelift models? Thanks!

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Have you tried putting your reg in autodoc or similar to try and compare part numbers? When my power folding failed, I got a whole OEM unit for about £80 online.

Mr_G

Oct 23, 2019
Thanks for the replies, autodoc didn't match the reg number but I used the make / model filters along with the engine size to tell the site it was a 2018+ car and it came up with some suitable parts. Have placed an order so fingers crossed they are the correct bits....

Mr_G

Oct 23, 2019
Quick update and another question... The parts from AutoDoc turned up, the indicator was perfect fit and an easy job but the aftermarket mirror glass doesn't fit very well at all :-( The clips look a bit different and the adjustment range isnt as good as it should be, have checked and it looks to be seated correctly so not sure if its catching or just a poor quality replacement - suspect this is the case as the glass already seems to be coming away from the backplate.

It'll do for now but I'm considering ordering a replacement, before doing so was wondering if there is any chance of transfering the new glass onto the old backplate which despite the smashed glass is otherwise ok? Might be a fair bit of hassle but at least I know the backplate is a perfect fit and some glue and a bit of time is cheaper than £60 for the original glass.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members