Formentor economy

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
I'm now at 46000 km/ 29000 miles, avg consumption 9.6 lt/100 km/ 30 mpg) 70% motorway , 20% urban, 10% city.Driving almost always in Comfort mode and Sport Suspension (comfort suspension too wobly and noisy for me) , start stop always deactivated, not driving at speed limits but not overdoing it, just making sensible use of the engine and car. Sport mode adds abt half to a liter per 100 km, same driving. Fitted 'pedal box' but doesnt seem to ideally match the dsg box , although pedal response considerably improved, so not using it anymore, should suit better manual boxes, also would add abt half a liter to 100 km.
All in all, happy with the consumption, considering. Race mode and you will never see anything below 13 lt/100 km/ 23 mpg and thats on a motorway!

Cupra306Form

Sep 24, 2023
Eco? 🤨

🤔

What's Eco..?

Very Confused 🙈🙁
When I was looking for the setting to reset tyre pressures I found a setting for ECO and it was switched on. There may be drivers who have never done this and don't get the eco nags - err sorry eco tips.

Out of interest the tyre pressures were set to 2.5 bar all round, and they should be 2.7 so the economy might improve now I've set up correctly.

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Cupra recommended pressure is 2.6-2.7 bar for normal car load, tires loose a bit of pressure in time, depending on the load and milage, so the dealer may have put it at the recommended but lost some in use, I always follow the recommended, even if at the expense of comfort.

Reactions: Cupra306Form

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
When I was looking for the setting to reset tyre pressures I found a setting for ECO and it was switched on. There may be drivers who have never done this and don't get the eco nags - err sorry eco tips.

Out of interest the tyre pressures were set to 2.5 bar all round, and they should be 2.7 so the economy might improve now I've set up correctly.
Please please please tell me where to find this ECO toggle - so I can turn off the Passive Aggressive Love Letters from Greta 😒

Kantonio

Feb 8, 2024
United Kingdom
UPDATE: I am now the owner of a formentor VZ3 in graphene grey. I’ve had it for about a week and around town I’ve been grinning from ear to ear. The other day I did a round trip from Nottingham to Heathrow and back, a 230 mile journey, and I got 40.6 mpg. Very pleased with that. Thank you all for posting your experiences.

I also wanted to know if any of you have found a difference between comfort and eco mode for fuel economy ?

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
I also wanted to know if any of you have found a difference between comfort and eco mode for fuel economy ?

Eco mode just makes the gearbox use coasting mode all the time. In comfort mode, it will only coast depending on how smoothly you remove your foot from the accelerator.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Eco mode just makes the gearbox use coasting mode all the time. In comfort mode, it will only coast depending on how smoothly you remove your foot from the accelerator.
From an economy perspective, I’ve also read on other VAG forums that the throttle response is dulled down in Eco mode, so more right foot pressure is required on the accelerator pedal to get up to the required speed in certain types of manoeuvres. Therefore, there’s a chance that any savings from coasting are cancelled out - or part cancelled out - by needing to use a heavier right foot.

I’ve never used Eco mode in my VW and don’t plan to.

Cupra306Form

Sep 24, 2023
I've had a look.

I started to think I'd imagined it!!

Found it - well hidden I might add ...

From the Car button menu (pic of car bottom right) where you see the three options: Parking / Smart Assistants / Driver alerts - select Driver alerts

From Driver alerts you will see three more options : Side assist / Early warning / Dynamic road sign display ... but if you scroll with your finger right to left two more options appear ... Eco Assist / Driver alert system

Pick Eco assist and take option 3 - Silence Greta Thumberg warnings*

* what it should say

Cheers!!

• Love

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
I've had a look.

I started to think I'd imagined it!!

Found it - well hidden I might add ...

From the Car button menu (pic of car bottom right) where you see the three options: Parking / Smart Assistants / Driver alerts - select Driver alerts

From Driver alerts you will see three more options : Side assist / Early warning / Dynamic road sign display ... but if you scroll with your finger right to left two more options appear ... Eco Assist / Driver alert system

Pick Eco assist and take option 3 - Silence Greta Thumberg warnings*

* what it should say

Cheers!!
Brilliant!
Thankyou for spot on instructions.

Truly Appreciated

Thunerblurbs are Gone! 👍😁

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022

Attachments

• 20240407_165136.jpg
    20240407_165136.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 41

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
I couldn't find an option 3 or any option for that matter 🤔 did I miss something?

Cupra306Form

Sep 24, 2023
I made up the option 3 bit for entertainment purposes. However I note it has 3 dots, so maybe there are 3 settings. I'll have another gander shortly but my imagination is bringing up th following 3 options:

1. Get many intrusive eco suggestions
2. Get a few intrusive eco suggestions
3. Get slightly fewer intrusive suggestions but more frequently - that'll teach you.

• Love

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
I made up the option 3 bit for entertainment purposes. However I note it has 3 dots, so maybe there are 3 settings. I'll have another gander shortly but my imagination is bringing up th following 3 options:

1. Get many intrusive eco suggestions
2. Get a few intrusive eco suggestions
3. Get slightly fewer intrusive suggestions but more frequently - that'll teach you.
Getting to use sport mode without auto-nag would be great for starters 😁👍

Apr 10, 2024
I've got 2.0 TDI with 150 hp and 4Drive. I went for a diesel Formentor since I do lots of miles. Not sure if these are available out of Germany.
But I am quite satisfied with it overall. At 120km/h with the Travel Assist on I average 5.5l/100km (or ~51 mpg), 130km/h - 6.5l/100 (~43 mpg), 160-180km - 8-9L/100km (35-30 mpg). That was all with hefty winter tires.

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
From an economy perspective, I’ve also read on other VAG forums that the throttle response is dulled down in Eco mode, so more right foot pressure is required on the accelerator pedal to get up to the required speed in certain types of manoeuvres. Therefore, there’s a chance that any savings from coasting are cancelled out - or part cancelled out - by needing to use a heavier right foot.

I’ve never used Eco mode in my VW and don’t plan to.
In mine, coasting in ECO works just like in Comfort, doesn't go in to coasting as soon as you let go off the gas pedal all the time, I think it takes into account all variables at the time, speed, incline, etc before deciding when to go in to coasting mode.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.