Hankook Kinergy 4S2 - All Seasons Tyres, anyone tried them?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi, just wondering if anyone has tried the above tyres, they seem to rank quite well in the All Seasons tests that I've seen.
The size would be 225/45 R17 W.
Would be interested in users opinions. Thanks.

Attachments

• Hankook tyre.jpg
    Hankook tyre.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 53

johnnygal

Sep 15, 2023
Hi there, I put these on my previous car, Audi A4, and was really impressed with them. I didn't want outright winter tyres, and to keep a second set of wheels, so thought this would be a good comprimise. In the cold snaps/bad weather we had while I had them on, they made a big difference and felt very 'sure-footed'! (These were 245/40 R18 V (97))

johnnygal

Sep 15, 2023
I only travelled about 6000 miles on them before I sold the car, so can't really vouch for tyre wear.

johnnygal

Sep 15, 2023
I would certainly recommend changing all 4 tyres together if you go for an all-season tyre.

andye1

Oct 15, 2005
I can't comment on those but I have Good vector 3 all seasons on my st. Loads more sure-footed in the winter. Very good in the snow. It's a dsg so was rubbish with summer tyres the winter before. Done 22000 on them so far. Fronts down to 4mm rear still on 6mm. If the Hankooks get good reviews go with them. I wouldn't go back to summer tyres.

johnnygal

Sep 15, 2023
No problem. Once my current tyres (on the car when I bought it) are up for replacement, I intend to put all seasons on again too.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Not the Leon’s but my daily 2008 Subaru Legacy, I have just put 4 Bridgestone cross climates on.
Great reviews for in the wet, no so good in the snow. But that’s not something we really get a lot of in Liverpool. Lol
Can confirm in the heavy rain a couple of times this week they are brilliant.
Combined with the Subaru all wheel drive I’m sure they’ll be decent in snow and ice should we get any.
Was looking at the Hankooks too that you are looking at, look decent too just got one of the deals with 20% off 4 Bridgestone so went with those.

Reactions: Walone

biglunn

Feb 12, 2017
I’ve had these 4S2 tyres - same size - on my Leon FR184 - since Nov 22. Previously I had Bridgestone Weather control evos so have good perspective.

Ride/handling - I’d say the Bridgestones were marginally better in both areas - the ride on the Hankook has actually improved over time - Bridgestones feel slightly softer AND feel nicer in the bends - feel nice and progressive at the limit. Both have great overall grip in wet and dry.I’ve driven both on light snow and Hankooks are better.

Noise - about the same. BUT the Bridgestones became really noisy as they wore - loud droning to the point I thought a hearing was on the way out. I’ve now done more miles on the Hankooks and noise levels remain low.

Wear - I have much better/lower wear on the Hankooks!

Reactions: Walone

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I’ve had these 4S2 tyres - same size - on my Leon FR184 - since Nov 22. Previously I had Bridgestone Weather control evos so have good perspective.

Ride/handling - I’d say the Bridgestones were marginally better in both areas - the ride on the Hankook has actually improved over time - Bridgestones feel slightly softer AND feel nicer in the bends - feel nice and progressive at the limit. Both have great overall grip in wet and dry.I’ve driven both on light snow and Hankooks are better.

Noise - about the same. BUT the Bridgestones became really noisy as they wore - loud droning to the point I thought a hearing was on the way out. I’ve now done more miles on the Hankooks and noise levels remain low.

Wear - I have much better/lower wear on the Hankooks!
Excellent, thanks for the info :)