Hello from a new Altea owner!

Muppo2000

Aug 27, 2015
Hi All... My Name's Greg. Nice to meet you all!!

I've just swapped over from the Briskoda Forum as my little Fabia VRS has now gone and I decided on getting an Altea 1.6 tdi Ecomotive instead.... Bit of a change I know, but I do a LOT of mileage and I am pretty tall so the Altea seemed like a good Comfy buy.

So far I am loving it but there is a little issue that is bugging me... The dealer MOT'd and serviced the car before I picked it up and all was fine but the day after buying the car it was really sunny and warm and my brake pad warning light was on. as it got cooler in the evening I went out for another drive and No brake pad light came on??
Since then it seems lie every time we have a hot, sunny day the brake pad light comes on and then at other times it is fine? although they do sound like they may be a bit worn... but I would have thought the light would be on all the time??

I guess I could just change the pads and see if it goes away but just wondered if anyone had experienced the same?

Also one little thing... under my passenger seat there appears to be a little black unit/box that has a connector or something going into it. I've tried to look up what it is but cant find anything... it's not an issue but curiosity has the better of me and I NEED to know :)

Anyways... enough from me!

Cheers

Greg

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
Welcome to the forum Greg, I've only recently got an Altea and this does seem a great place for information and general ideas for the car. WRT the brake pads, if it came on straight away go back and question the place you bought it from. You are probably right in that the pads are worn but it could be something in the wiring... Maybe take the wheel off and check the connections for any looseness or dirt that might be interrupting it.

Muppo2000

Aug 27, 2015
Thanks SeatJay... Hope you are enjoying the altea too. There are still a few bits that i've not worked out how to do yet... who thought connecting an ipod classic could be so difficult! Maybe it's just me ;)
I had a look through the paper work and it appears there was a not saying that the pass were worn but not totally shot... So i've got them to replace those first and if I still get problems they can look at it a bit more closely after that.
Looking forward to reading through a few posts... I enjoy hearing what other people are doing with their motors!
Cheers again buddy
Greg

Muppo2000

Aug 27, 2015
Oh dear...should have proof read my message. This auto correct on my phone is atrocious! :D

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
I think if you search the forum there are some friends on the stereo and ipod! Great forum and some very resourceful people on here!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.