Hello, i'm Yannick and a forum newbie that loves SEAT.

Yakketj

Jan 28, 2016
Belgium
Greetings,

I'm a new member in this awesome forum, i have been browsing around this forum the last few days and decided to make myself a member.

When i was searching for my very first car it did not take long before i fell for SEAT.
To bad i got talked into a VW Polo as first car due to my family and why to bad? Well it was a real wreck lots of things going wrong and eventualy the " timing belt"? ( not sure about the translation) snapt because the previous owner didn't change it all even it was known there was a fault in these cars and could be replaced for free.

I immediately went to a SEAT dealer and bought the back then brand new SEAT Leon fr 1.4 tfsi 122 HP. I bought a stock and got it 2 weeks later.

I Always loved Leon's but the mk3 Leon just fits me perfect.
While i had this car i drove the CUPRA 280 and i loved it, so i am sure that i will get myself a CUPRA when the time is right.

After a perfect +- 18 months run not 1 scratch and clean i went to visit a friend and parked my car (like every one else there) on the street wich i didn't like. To bad after 2 hours standing there was some one that lost control doing more then dubble the allowed speed and crashed into my beloved Leon. It was a total loss for both the cars.

The time was not right so i didn't get the CUPRA.
Now i'm driving a 2004 SEAT Ibiza fr 1.8 20vt 150 HP.

I love this little Ibiza, she's not perfect but the power on that little car is just great.
Since 2 months back i got some errors on this car, the garage told me the previous owner fiddled with the mapping and software wich allows the turbo to make to much pressure...
For a ibiza of the year 2004 it isn't a easy fix to just put it back on standard. The car has to go to germany and get a fix there wich means the car will be gone for couple weeks and will cost allot. Only to bad she has these lots of exterior dents and scratches from the previous owner. If there wasn't so much work that needed to be done on the car i would send her to germany for a fix. On the other hand some what the time was right to look for a CUPRA and so i made the choice to order myself a CUPRA 290 few weeks back.

I can't wait to get the CUPRA but i'm not going to give up on the Ibiza yet to find a sollution and maybe fix her up. So i'm going to browse this forum or maybe make a new thread with my issue.

Thank you for reading my story. To bad i can't place links from other sites for picture's.

ps: i'm sorry if my english is realy bad but i'm trying my best and i think this forum will also help me with that little ( or big) problem haha.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise