Hello - New owner of a Leon ST

Sk8ir

Dec 30, 2019
Hello all,

More of a "thank you" than a hello I guess... the forums have been invaluable when shopping for, and then getting used to, my new (to me) Leon.

2015 Leon ST 1.4 TSI SE in Nevada White.

Got it just before Christmas. Ex-lease car, has done 78k miles, but very well maintained. I'm only the second owner from new. Was in perfect cosmetic condition, too, until some scumbag reversed into the NSR door within days of me buying it, sigh.

My car history is mainly VW/Audi, but this is my first SEAT (and my first tiny, modern engine). Loving it so far, especially the £30 road tax and brilliant fuel consumption. Surprisingly nippy for a 125hp engine, too.

Had the apparently quite common broken lugs on the retractable rear load cover - thanks to the forums was able to find the part number for the replacement bits and fitted in seconds, lovely! Have got some pics so might do a brief "How To" if no-one else beats me to it (it's really easy, but always good to have visual confirmation!).

I've also popped an LED reversing light bulb in (very much needed over the appalling standard fitment), and some decent OSRAM H7s up front (it just has the standard halogen lights). Also popped some red bulbs in the footwell lights.

Full set of filters and oil change kit ready to go... Just need to sort out the fan washer jets now (did that upgrade on a previous Audi and it was well worth it).

Anyway, I'll mostly be lurking, I'm sure, as it's very much a daily driver and I'll hopefully not doing much more than cleaning and servicing it...

Obligatory "on the way home from picking it up" photo:

IMG_3215.jpg

Reactions: Syphon
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.