Hello newbie here !!!!

Seat Cupra Girl

Aug 21, 2015
Hello I'm Michelle I have an Onvi Yellow 03 Seat Leon Cupra, I brought it about 4 years ago, It has been the best car I have owned, my previous car was a Nissan Almera which I brought from new and it did about 34,000 miles on the clock, I had it for about 3 years and the Timing Chain went on it, so I decided to cut my loses sold and test drove my friends Leon Cupra and fell in love with it the only problem was it had been classed as a Category D so was going to cost too much on insurance, so spent the weekend searching eBay and auto trader found my Yellow one and have never looked back. I have been looking through the forums for a while now but not registered, and today I have bit the bullet and registered.

The only problems I have had with the car in 4 years is the Door seal used to leak, and horrible people denting the car when it is parked in supermarket car parks, a little bit of paint peel on the bonnet.

So hello everyone sorry if I have bored anyone with my life story I was just introducing myself lol

Michelle :)

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Welcome to SCN! :)

Hope you're enjoying your Leon! :)

Given your door seals, give my RR a check I've got some quality pictures up of the door seal replacement, though you should head over the to the Mk1 Leon forum! ;)

--Lee

Seat Cupra Girl

Aug 21, 2015
Thanks for the welcome!!

Thanks both for the welcome

Israar, Thanks for that I will have a look, as I found out last night my drivers door seal has started leaking this time as my carpet is wet so thanks for the tip saves taking it to the garage like last time. Is it an easy job to do or would you not recommend it for a women cos I cant ask my other half as it would be done but there would still be about 5 screws left once he finished lol??

Michelle

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley

Israar, Thanks for that I will have a look, as I found out last night my drivers door seal has started leaking this time as my carpet is wet so thanks for the tip saves taking it to the garage like last time. Is it an easy job to do or would you not recommend it for a women cos I cant ask my other half as it would be done but there would still be about 5 screws left once he finished lol??

Michelle

Regardless of it being done by a man or a woman, that makes no difference, so you don't need to worry about that! I know some females that are more than capable of putting shame to some guys when it comes to work, gender doesn't come in to this! :D -- Haha, I like your trust with your partner there hahaha! :D

As for the job itself, it's actually very very easy, just take your time doing it to learn and understand it then once you get on to the next door you'll find yourself doing it quicker.

The biggest pain in the arse for me was putting the Butyl strip on, as it's pretty damn sticky! Other than that, taking the door card off and replacing them was easier than I initially thought.

Here's the guide I used to do the replacement: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3255713#post3255713

Here's the part in my RR's with the images of the work done: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4571943&postcount=31

My tip to you, is when you do attempt it, make sure your window is fully down so that if you come to forget to hook the door handle back on while reassembling the door card you can still open the door from the outside (something I did hahaha while I was rushing towards the end!) as I ended up having to take the door card off again! :D

I did it on my own, an extra pair of hands would make the job faster but it's whether you can have someone there that you trust and will listen to what you ask them to do! :)

Hope all is well and sorry for the late response!

--Lee

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.

Michelle

there should ALWAYS be screws left after a job. It's the law.
You sure it's a leak and not the screw cap come off the bottle of rose?

Seat Cupra Girl

Aug 21, 2015
Thanks All. I can a sure you its not Rose if anything it would be Disaronno lol. Just got to dry it out and get the seal sorted before the winter sets in.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
I once borrowed a colleagues company car as mine had broken down.
got 300 yards down the road and had to make emergency stop.
empty wine bottle shot out from under drivers seat and jammed itself under my feet......
can't moan too much. I have driven off with briefcase still on roof.
till first time I braked....

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.