HID Terminator H7R Fitting - MK2 FL Leon Cupra

gunnergibson

Dec 27, 2010
North West
I fitted this kit last night, took 15 mins. Nothing to fear for those who like to keep their hands clean :)

Paid £57 from HID direct , Swinton, Manchester.

Tools required:

Dremel mini drill or equivalent
full sized drill for hole cutter
Hole Cutter ( 22MM ) or drill bit to improvise- the manual says 21mm... there is no way you can feed the sockets through the hole. 22mm is a push. you may need to burr the hole with the Dremel.
Two pence piece
Tiger seal or adhesive backed velcro

1) Open Bonnet and remove light bulb housing covers from each light

2) Drill holes exactly as I have- you will see a raised lug. Cut hole using hole cutter, or place a 2 pence piece over the lug, and draw around it, then drill out. Smooth off with dremel drill with appropriate bit on.

3) Place the bulb and electrical sockets through the bulb cover hole ( may be tight, so get correct angle to feed through). Make sure the rubber grommet is seated perfectly..

4) Now time to remove the bulb- manipulate the retaining wire from the retaining hook ( you will see it )

Remove the bulb, then pull one arm of the retaining wire off at the bottom, feed the new bulb wire in between , so you do not impinge the wire when operating the retainer. Once wire is fed in between the 2 legs, re seat the lower arm.. as you look at te above pic, the retainin wire has 2 legs which at the bottom are placed in a hole, which enables it to pull up and down.

5) Looking at the black connector that fixed to your original bulb, look for printed numbers like 020 or similar ( bottom slot as pictured above). The terminal with the number on is the negative feed Fit the negative spade terminal of your HID bulb to this slot, and the positive spade terminal to the other slot. connect all the other connection sockets ( self explanatory)

6) when you are ready to place your bulb back ion to the housing, ensure that the lug is in the 12 oclock position, prior to refitting the retaining spring.

This will cause no end of misery if you forget where the lug goes..

7) Safely stow away the ballast packs. I used a bonding agent to mount mine. I didn't want to experience any radio interference, so mounted away from fuse box.

A temporary location.. on my heat shield.. lol.. only due to time of night fitted and ease- stow or fix to a wing.

6000k looks OEM and is perfectly white with no blue or yellow tints. Had no flashes from oncoming cars yet ( Dazzle) - bulbs have a painted line on the H7R to prevent this.

Last edited:

Aaz

May 21, 2011
Kent, England
Great guide, just what I need. The same kit turned up yesterday. Will be using this to fit it next week. Cheers for this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.