Honda to leave F1

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
Think the thing that will stop Honda selling the team as a going concern is that they aren't going to make engines anymore, and it will be impossible to get a car to run with a new engine/gearbox in a couple of months. It's a massive loss of face for Honda, but I'll bet they don't pull out of Moto GP.

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Dont forget F1 engine are in the middle of a 5 year engine freeze and would have to use an engine thats allready been used a few years now plus so its not like the buyers are going to have to source anything else from elsewhere as they are taking on the project as a going concern.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Bernie Ecclestone said:
the Formula One commercial rights-holder, told The Times----Honda want to sell their team. I don’t suppose they are going to be missed that much, are they?

Subtle as a *rick

*use your own applicable letter to suit B / P

UKLooney

I'd be surprised if Honda are the only ones to pull out of F1, I reckon they've opened the floodgates.

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
It's a massive loss of face for Honda, but I'll bet they don't pull out of Moto GP.
that budget is peanuts compared to F1 plus the benefits of racing are closer related to bike sales than with the F1 programme
from the car range which cars do you relate to F1? type R engines, v-tec ? & yes i know there are other hidden benefits but joe public probably can't see them.
as for toyota, their range of cars is hardly sports orientated is it?

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
that budget is peanuts compared to F1 plus the benefits of racing are closer related to bike sales than with the F1 programme
from the car range which cars do you relate to F1? type R engines, v-tec ? & yes i know there are other hidden benefits but joe public probably can't see them.
as for toyota, their range of cars is hardly sports orientated is it?

I agree about the bike tech, but if you haven't got enough money, you haven't got enough money, and bike sales are not going to drag you out of the ****. I don't see any real links between F1 and road cars, biggest links are probably fuel and tyres. Don't recall mentioning Toyota, but they are the biggest car company in the world and much more suited to burning huge sums of money to finish mid-table also rans.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.