How much is my Leon Cupra K1 worth

CupraK12007

Dec 11, 2014
Devon
I'm considering selling my Leon Cupra K1, but haven't got a clue what it's worth and I'm hoping someone might be able to help? I've checked online, but asking prices vary so much it's difficult to know what they actually sell for. Here's the details:-

57 Plate Leon Cupra
Emocion Red
K1 body kit with original single Oval exhaust
Full dealer only service history
116,000 miles
Mint condition apart from a few minor stone chips on the bumper & bonnet
MOT Due October 2015
One owner from new
Brand new rear brakes (discs & Pads)
Premium tyres

If anyone has sold one like this I'd love to know what you got for it.

Thanks

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Yeah I think you about right defiantly worth 5.5-6k on a good day. Maybe place it on the bay classified at 6 and see what happens think it's only £15 for 30 days.Dont bother with the above mentioned they will give you a really low price.

Last edited:

CupraK12007

Dec 11, 2014
Devon
Yeah I think you about right defiantly worth 5.5-6k on a good day. Maybe place it on the bay classified at 6 and see what happens think it's only £15 for 30 days.Dont bother with the above mentioned they will give you a really low price.

Thanks again, that sound like a good idea, bit will need to watch out for 'tyre kickers' ;)

I got offered £4,500 on a PX which I thought was low, although that is a trade price and I guess they will look to make a profit on resale.

CupraK12007

Dec 11, 2014
Devon
Could have been registered in 08 with it been a 57plate.

To save any confusion, It's November 2007, and the K1 kit was added by the dealer just prior to the launch of the K1, I added the K1 badge later. So for all intents and purposes it is a K1. But well spotted, you obviously know your K1's! ;) I wouldn't have thought this would be perceived any differently to any other K1, as they are exactly the same, after all a K1 is just a Cupra with a body kit and a badge? :confused:

Having spoken to the dealer about K1's, they said that they would take delivery of the Cupra off the boat from Spain and add the K1 kit themselves, so it's no different than what has been done to mine. I chose to keep the original oval exhaust as the dealer said the ones that came with the K1 kit were tinny and cheap and I would lose the tuned sound of the Cupra exhaust.

Last edited:
Thought K1s where only made/registered 08 or 58 plates tbh.

Seat UK actually build the leon to K1 spec rather than the dealer adding the K1 kit/extras to a Cupra and adding the K1 badge/title.

There is differences between a geniue K1 and a dealer added kit other wise there wouldn't be a 5K price difference. What engine power engine is yours? 200bhp?

I had to search hard to find a proper K1 and I paid 10K and that was knocking the guy down 1.3K

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Only difference on spec was the BTCC kit with the rear centre exit exhaust. My car sold as a K1 to the guy I bought it from, from SEAT. The only difference is spec as they was ordered with spec by SEAT and then, at the docks in the UK the bodykit was added.

Well that is what I was told. I maybe mistaken?

Last edited:

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
Kincardineshire, scotland
K1 has the 240BHP K04 engine. If the dealer adds the kit to a normal Cupra it'll be the 200bhp K03 engine.

Proper K1 is still built by seat UK not by a dealer adding the kit on at the dealership

They get registered differently as well

Here's mine

And I nicked your reg off your readers ride lol

Both the cupra and k1 are the 240bhp k04...

Essentially the same car, but one had a body kit fitted.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
All Mk2 Cupra's have 240bhp BWJ engine. A K1 was based on a Cupra, so would be 240bhp as standard. There was no power increase as standard. If the vehicle has the bodykit but a 200bhp engine then it was an FR to start with and had a body kit added after sale.

CupraK12007

Dec 11, 2014
Devon
BWA engine is 200bhp so add a K1 kit to that its still not a genuine K1

I've had my 240 bhp Cupra for 7 years from new and having spoken to the dealer, the only difference between the Cupra and the K1 Cupra is the body kit, although the AFD Xenon's were an option on later Cupra models, but came as standard on the K1.

The dealer said that the Cupra wasn't selling well as it was very understated as a performance car and there wasn't much to differentiate it from the standard Mk2 Leon, so they came up with the idea of the K1 to appeal to those looking for something more sporty looking than the standard Cupra. They also said that in most cases the K1 kits were after market and fitted to order by dealer approved body shops, albeit they had quality issues with fitting and poor paint jobs - colour matching and thin paint etc.

My K1 kit was added to my Cupra by the dealer straight after I bought it and shortly before the official launch of the K1 at a cost of around £2,000 and a very good job it was too and it still looks awesome. I then bought a genuine K1 badge and stuck it to the tailgate. Hey presto I had a Cupra K1! :D

Hopefully you haven't been suckered into believing that the K1 is anything different than a standard 240bhp Cupra with a body kit. :doh:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.