How to decode the sticker info ?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
besides the basic vin, model, type etc, what does all the other info in the service book sticker mean ?

It gives you the spec of your vehicle. There is a site you can type all the codes into to find out what they mean.

28ca89a0f091d829c3577c9111ea8904.jpg

Try http://igorweb.org/equidec.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: koanseat
Apr 10, 2021
Great tip! Thanks
So although my seat has cruise control buttons on the stalk (which don't seem to do anything) , i don't see cruise control listed as one of the codes. So is it fair to assume that the stalk got replaced at some point with one that had cruise control buttons ?

Apr 10, 2021
FYI I stopped by a SEAT and they checked the specs in their system and it does have CC. I then agreed to one hour's worth of work for SEAT to diagnose the problem while being promised it would not take more than 30mins. It took the full hour and the best part was they said they were not able to identify the problem and would need to re-book an appointment ! SEAT said they repeatedly tried to "reprogram" the CC but the procedure kept failing ... I did not choose to pay for another hours work as it's beginning to sound like a very expensive fix (new parts at a SEAT). Anyone know what the electronic components are to try and source on eBay or the like ?

Delberthot

Sep 8, 2021
I can't find a sticker any where on the car and as it's a digital service record there is no service book either. Having had several Skodas, VW and an Audi the sticker with the PR codes has always been in the spare wheel well but there is absolutely nothing in my Oct 2020 Ateca.

Could this be anywhere else hidden in the vehicle or would it be a matter of having to contact my local Seat dealer to get the full list?

When I had my Audi I could go into a browser and sign in to Audi Connect and it would give me a list of the PR codes on the car and what they meant but I can't see anything like this in Seat Connect

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I can't find a sticker any where on the car and as it's a digital service record there is no service book either. Having had several Skodas, VW and an Audi the sticker with the PR codes has always been in the spare wheel well but there is absolutely nothing in my Oct 2020 Ateca.

Could this be anywhere else hidden in the vehicle or would it be a matter of having to contact my local Seat dealer to get the full list?

When I had my Audi I could go into a browser and sign in to Audi Connect and it would give me a list of the PR codes on the car and what they meant but I can't see anything like this in Seat Connect
Have you checked the manual, sometimes they are stuck in there.

Delberthot

Sep 8, 2021
I've checked that from cover to cover, I even have the original EC Certificate of Conformity showing the date of manufacture which I've never had with a car before but nothing else

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
The only other place I have seen them is in the spare wheel well, apart from that not sure mate.

Apr 10, 2021
The sticker in my 2007 ibiza is in the service book. Having said that, cruise control was not listed (!?) as such, but the local Seat Service pulled the entire list from their system (a few pages) based on the VIN and CC is included. So, I would pay them a visit and just ask for one.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise