Ibiza 6J refitting window and door panel

Jul 26, 2022
Hey all,

I took the passenger door card off to fit a new set of speakers to go with my amp. I followed techies guide to get the card off in the first place. The card came off all right and I fitted my new speakers and ran new speaker wire through aswell. The issues started when I tried to get the card back on. The card itself slips back on alright and the cables are all right. Once I slot the glass back in it misses the clamps on both sides. I've tried manipulating the clamps into the glass but it doesn't really work. If I take the glass out, the window can go most of the way up but once it's ¾ way up the clamps skip on the track (elevator? Not sure what to call it) then the motor just spins without pulling the window up. Was thinking that maybe the regulators weren't in the right spot but I can't find anyway to secure them down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20220726_212101.jpg
    IMG_20220726_212101.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 104

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Put the bolt in the bottom sligntly screwed before trying to fit back the door card because its impossible to align the elevator with the bolt after placing the card

Look at this:

Its rear door the only diference is that the front has two metal structure securing the window

Jul 26, 2022
Put the bolt in the bottom sligntly screwed before trying to fit back the door card because its impossible to align the elevator with the bolt after placing the card
Yeah the bolts at the bottom are threaded into the elevators and the plastic bit halfway up the left elevator is in but there doesn't seem to be anything to secure the right elevator

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Yeah the bolts at the bottom are threaded into the elevators and the plastic bit halfway up the left elevator is in but there doesn't seem to be anything to secure the right elevator
Check the link above the only difference is that at the front door there are two elevators

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
There is one bolt at the bottom and a small one at the top for each elevator

The bottom ones needs to be slightly screwed before fitting the panel back into the door because its impossible to align the bolt if not. First step in the installing in the link above

Jul 26, 2022
There is one bolt at the bottom and a small one at the top for each elevator

The bottom ones needs to be slightly screwed before fitting the panel back into the door because its impossible to align the bolt if not. First step in the installing in the link above
Cheers mate I must've missed the screw at the top I'll check tomorrow. Thanks for the guides

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.