In Search of MKIII Leon FR Rear O/S LED Light Cluster

Crabber

Sep 17, 2021
In Search of 64-plate Leon FR Rear O/S LED Light Cluster.
OEM or best alternative please.
Thanks in anticipation.

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Euro car parts stock them. Have bought an LED outer cluster for my previous Leon from Euro Car Parts at a fraction of the cost of dealer price, and it was still working as new when I sold the car 5 years later

Reactions: Crabber

Crabber

Sep 17, 2021
Euro car parts stock them. Have bought an LED outer cluster for my previous Leon from Euro Car Parts at a fraction of the cost of dealer price, and it was still working as new when I sold the car 5 years later
Thank you. That's what I was after. Is the Valeo indistinguishable from the OEM?

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Why don't you buy one to find out?
No difference whatsoever. It was a valeo one I bought. Nearside outer cluster in this photo. Chances are OEM are made by valeo anyway

Attachments

• 20220327_123329.jpg
    20220327_123329.jpg
    935.2 KB · Views: 51

Crabber

Sep 17, 2021
Thank you. Currently out of stock but I now know where to go for one. Very helpful. Cheers.

Last edited:

Crabber

Sep 17, 2021
No difference whatsoever. It was a valeo one I bought. Nearside outer cluster in this photo. Chances are OEM are made by valeo anyway
Thank you. Currently out of stock but I know where to go for one. Very helpful. Cheers.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
You obviously need your hand held, I suggested you remove the light to look for the part number then Google it, and for some reason you took offence.
I suppose you could have used Bing to search as well.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
What was the aggro about?!
I made the mistake of suggesting to remove the lamp and find out the part number and then Google it, he then replied with this 'Thanks. I am familiar with Google - 5F0945208C'. I thought the 'tone' of his reply to be a bit 'off', the bit about being familiar with Google, but ignored it. Apparently he already new the part number (he posted on another thread just before).
I then asked this 'Well, did you find one?', which IMO is perfectly polite and legit question, he then responded 'Google Find out.' which I didn't think was a very friendly reply, so when he asked @LeylandVCDS (who seems to have done all the 'legwork' for him), 'Is the Valeo indistinguishable from the OEM?' Instead of being polite and confirming what I knew as it being OEM lamp, I decided to respond with this 'Why don't you buy one to find out? LOL, to which he took umbrage and said this 'Save your breath, you'll need it to blow your girlfriend up.' All very childish IMO :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members