JonIbizaSC's Mk5 Speed Blue Ibiza SC

JonIbizaSC

Speed Blue
Jan 25, 2011
Worcestershire
So after owning the car for nearly a year now, I thought it would be a good idea to get one of these going, and keep up to date with progress (Or lack of...) ;)

Mk5 Ibiza SC 1.4 Petrol
Speed blue
17'' Alloys in satin black

Well finally the day arrived. After waiting 9 weeks, I was able to pick up my speed blue SC from the dealer

Slight scratch on the roof, and a glue like mark on the passanger door card when I picked it up, but this was all sorted within a week, so no grumbles there.

When I picked it up from the dealer
img1117p.jpg

Within an hour or so of having it, the first thing I did was change the grille, to an FR grille.
img1124d.jpg

After the first decent clean
img0467ar.jpg

img0468nv.jpg

img0469mi.jpg

Then I decided to put in 501's and 264 Ultra bulbs after reading everyone else's views on improving the Ibiza. Such a difference.
img0411ay.jpg

Also changed the number plate light bulb, but it doesn't light it all up, so changed it back to standard
img0408ir.jpg

Happy with this!
img1127me.jpg

After looking at loads of Mk5's with the spoiler, I needed one in my life, so ordered one off Sere motors
img0821um.jpg

Got it sprayed up and fitted to the car
img2017xs.jpg

img2019kb.jpg

Parked up next to a Galia blue Cupra at a VAG meet in the summer
img1182cp.jpg

It stayed like this for a couple of months whilst I enjoyed it, but the the next step was to reduce the vast amount of arch gap! So purchased a lovely set of 35mm Apex springs from DPM.

Getting lowered
img2773f.jpg

The finished product. Straight after, so has settled since.
img2775mx.jpg

img2777x.jpg

And yesterday, I changed the washer jets from the pansy little 3 squirters to the mist ones. Will get a pic up soon :)

Last edited:

JonIbizaSC

Speed Blue
Jan 25, 2011
Worcestershire
Good question......
I would like a small audio install, but the problems you would have from the standard head unit would put me off straight away, as I wouldn't want to change it.

As for anything else, i need idea's!

t.oldaker

SFS Performance Hoses Rep
Jul 5, 2011
Bournemouth
www.facebook.com
Looking good and best colour ;) check out my thread as ive just done a boot instal for my mk5 by installing a fake floor in the rear about 7 inches high so you still keep a fairly large boot but the sub has enough room to move. As you mentioned in your thread i just need a new headunit now.

ole.matthews

Quick question,
how much rougher is the ride with the lowered springs?
i have the same wheels and im looking to buy the same springs but i really want to know how much it will affect my ride and handling.

cheers

Sttrinian84

Hi Jon, I am now the proud owner of the other blue cupra in one of your photos. Small world :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise