Jumping from PD130 to CR140

Krissyneillie1

Jun 8, 2010
Good evening guys looking for a bit of advice, I've owned 3 pd130 cars, mk4 golf gt and 2 fabia vrs's, worked for seat for years so im no stranger to them but I'm not an owner of one so don't have that experience, I feel like I want something newer roughly 3 years old and out of my 3 choices were an octavia vrs, Golf gt and a leon fr, the skoda and volkswagen models having the cr170 and the leon with the choice of 140 or 170 but still keeping that sporty look and I'm set on the cr140 as it's cheaper and I can't really justify the extra for the higher Road tax, 18" wheels and probably the slightly higher insurance, I know it wouldn't bump the price up a crazy amount but the extra performance isn't everything for me

So I need some opinions on the fr 140 and how it is for everyday use, plan on keeping it longterm as I can't see my fabia vrs being suitable as I've just got a house with the girlfriend so who knows what happens a few years down the line and even though the slightly lower spec leon doesn't have the 170 extras it still comes kitted with enough to keep me happy, the engine output specs are similar to the pd130 and I know the cr power delivery wasn't as punchy as the pd but did anyone notice a difference between the 2?, I do relatively short journeys so I know the dpf could be an issue but I already know the procedure on fixing that if it ever became a problem, I don't see many cr140 engines but can't say there's anything major that wears on them, they seem fairly solid and more refined than a pd, especially the pd130

I know there cr140 is affected by the emissions recall but don't think it will be much of an issue either

Apologies if that was a bit mumble jumble, thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Never2old

Jul 5, 2014
North East
I,ve had my 2012 seat Leon fr 140 coming up to 3 years now and like you it just gets short runs now and again gets a blast around the country when I go to some vw shows but yeah very happy with it

Krissyneillie1

Jun 8, 2010
And you've never had any dpf issues?, I would be doing the same blast up the motorway no doubt

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise