Just picked up 2014 Ibiza Cupra, need somones advice :)

Aug 3, 2022
Hey guys, I am new to the website. Being 21 I wanted to have a car I can enjoy. I recently picked up my Ibiza Cupra 2014 and I am loving it. I have a couple problems but if someone could help me out that would be appreciated.

Garmin:
All connects fine and well with my current phone (Iphone 13), my only problem is trying to play music. My phone will connect and it shows it has connected but I can never get music to play via bluetooth. Since I picked it up (A week ago today), I have managed to get music playing once and I wasn't even sure how or why. Its only my phone connected. Radio works fine. The phone works fine when calling. Any reasons to why music doesn't want to play?

AUX:
Says it supports aux but I am not sure if is the 3.5mm jack which is classed as the aux or it can be my cigarette USB port that can be classed as my AUX. Either way, the usb does not work and yet to try the 3.5mm jack, if I can find the right lead online.

Carplay:
I am looking to take out the radio as a hole and put in a touchscreen for apple carplay. Any recommendations.

The Ride:
I love this car so far, everything is perfect. One small thing for me is that I can feel absolutely everything when it comes to the ride. The tiniest bumps, I feel like I have just dropped into a huge pothole. I could get over this myself, its just the missus being in the car.. I would rather have a smooth ride for her with everything else that comes with the car. Is there anything I can do/replace to make it more smooth? I was thinking changing out the springs but if anyone knows the best way, let me know.

Ticking noise:
There is this weird ticking noise behind the glove box, not sure what it is. I had some suspicion that it could be the aircon. It kind of stops when I have my aircon up but its weird that my revs idle also increase when I have it on. Not sure why but would anyone know why?

Any help is appreciated. Im not expecting one person to sit here and answer every question but if you have any tips or know the answer to atleast one of my questions, that will help me a ton. Not sure if these are "nooby" questions but hey.. again, loving the car. Thanks :

Last edited:

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
Ticking noise:
There is this weird ticking noise behind the glove box, not sure what it is. I had some suspicion that it could be the aircon. It kind of stops when I have my aircon up but its weird that my revs idle also increase when I have it on.
There is a fault with the Flap motors in that serie its alll across vw, people have replaced the flap with differnt part number.
dont know if there is a post on here for it but if you look on POLO gti forum there is guides.

Reactions: ABurling07

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
The Ride:
If you have low profile tires there is no ride qulity.
The lower the car goes, the harder the suspensions, the less tires on the car = less confort.
less confort also means more damages= vibrations transfered to the whole car creating rattles from doors to dashboard to boot including engine bays.
if is modified or lowered or on bigger alloys or low profile tires, check and put back to standard if you dont like it.

Aug 3, 2022
The Ride:
If you have low profile tires there is no ride qulity.
The lower the car goes, the harder the suspensions, the less tires on the car = less confort.
less confort also means more damages= vibrations transfered to the whole car creating rattles from doors to dashboard to boot including engine bays.
if is modified or lowered or on bigger alloys or low profile tires, check and put back to standard if you dont like it.
Thanks for the responses mate. I’ll look into these.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
It kind of stops when I have my aircon up but its weird that my revs idle also increase when I have it on. Not sure why but would anyone know why?
Revs increasing when the aircon is working hard is normal as the aircon imposes a greater load on the engine than there is when it's switched off or not working at max.
Welcome BTW ! (y)

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Yeah the ride is never going go be spectacular.

There won't really be anything you can do to counteract that

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members