Karcher Upgrade: Quick Realease & Swivel Lance

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
Hi all, just thought I'd share this I've bought and do a quick review on it for those of you that are as into detailing as I am.

IMG_20191208_214109.jpg

I bought this upgraded gun attachment from CleanYourRide for my Karcher K4. My original gun was getting a bit paggered and had been told about these by the chap that ceramic coated my car a few months back. I decided to look into them a bit more and lo and behold I ended up with an early Christmas present for myself. Overall quality of the gun is really good, all the connections on it are solid and the trigger has a nice strong pull to it. It comes with 3 different nozzles for 3 different angles of sprays (15°, 25° & 40°) and a snowfoam lance with a bottle. You have to be careful when clicking in a new nozzle though, if you don't make sure the quick release mechanism has secured the nozzle you risk shooting your ride. The 15° nozzle is really good for getting wheel cleaner off alloys and blasting the crud out of the wheel arches and sideskirt areas, combined with the shortness compared to the original Karcher lance . I use the 25° nozzle for everything else, I've found the 40° nozzle loses the "punch" in it's range a bit too quickly for me.

The included snowfoam lance is next level compared to the Karcher one. Not only can you adjust the amount of product it uses from the bottle but you can adjust the spread of the cannon from a straight beam to a really thin fan. It does a really good job of caking the car in product, there's not much else I can say about it.

Nothing needs assembling like sealant applied to the snowfoam connector, everything is ready to go as soon as the postie delivers it.

Here it is ready to go with the 25° nozzle fitted side by side with the standard K4 lance with no attachment fitted, the size difference is amazing when you first make the switch.

IMG_20191208_214426.jpg

I've attached extra pics of everything else that came in the box
IMG_20191208_214303.jpg IMG_20191208_214232.jpg IMG_20191208_214159.jpg

Reactions: Legojon and bruceR

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Sounds awesome! The big question is...how much was it and is it worth it over the karcher one? I just have a K2 but seem to feel it’s lacking a bit of power and punch.

Do you have a link to it? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
Sounds awesome! The big question is...how much was it and is it worth it over the karcher one? I just have a K2 but seem to feel it’s lacking a bit of power and punch.

Do you have a link to it? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Can't believe I forgot to include the price and a link ‍♀️ all in it was £50 which isn't bad for the quality of the thing. Worth mentioning that it doesn't fit karchers that have the black clip thing that you pull out to take the hose out of the gun, but it works perfectly on the yellow button quick release fitting

https://cleanyourride.co.uk/collect...th-3-quick-release-nozzles-and-snowfoam-lance

Savage

Nov 12, 2019
Hmmm...
My Nilfisk PW has adjustable jet/fan and SF flow, but not SF spread adjustment. This wasn't a problem with the Valet Pro foam, but I just tried the Bilt Hamber as that has much better dirt breakdown/cleaning action. Although the SF itself was better my lance seemed to spray it in all directions, I thought maybe I didn't mix it right but maybe it just needs a better dispenser.
And the shorter lance on both SF and Water could be of benefit....
Although, I must admit, the thought of shooting my car with an unsecured nozzle concerns me :rifle::roflmao:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members