Kessy fault

Feb 4, 2024
I’ve just purchased a seat Ateca xcell lux 2019 and I’m sure the Kessy go system is a bit faulty/erratic, a few weeks ago I got out the car and it just kept locking and unlocking itself and eventually it stopped, I’ve noticed that once the vehicle is locked if I grab drivers door the indicators flash and it unlocks, if I do the same at the passenger side it also does the same except once the door is opened if I grab the handle more than once it will try to unlock and flash the indicators, this doesn’t happen and the drivers side, is this correct or have I got issues?

thanks

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
I’ve just purchased a seat Ateca xcell lux 2019 and I’m sure the Kessy go system is a bit faulty/erratic, a few weeks ago I got out the car and it just kept locking and unlocking itself and eventually it stopped, I’ve noticed that once the vehicle is locked if I grab drivers door the indicators flash and it unlocks, if I do the same at the passenger side it also does the same except once the door is opened if I grab the handle more than once it will try to unlock and flash the indicators, this doesn’t happen and the drivers side, is this correct or have I got issues?

thanks
"I’ve noticed that once the vehicle is locked if I grab drivers door the indicators flash and it unlocks," well don't grab the door handle ! after it is locked

Feb 4, 2024
"I’ve noticed that once the vehicle is locked if I grab drivers door the indicators flash and it unlocks," well don't grab the door handle ! after it is locked
Haha I mean when I’m approaching the car to get in it, it just doesn’t seem right to me and I was hoping someone else with Kessy would be able to tell me if they is a difference between how the drivers door and front passenger doors react, it’s like the passenger door doesn’t know the vehicle has unlocked so it try’s the unlock procedure every time you put your hand behind the handle

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Haha I mean when I’m approaching the car to get in it, it just doesn’t seem right to me and I was hoping someone else with Kessy would be able to tell me if they is a difference between how the drivers door and front passenger doors react, it’s like the passenger door doesn’t know the vehicle has unlocked so it try’s the unlock procedure every time you put your hand behind the handle
Thats how it works ! if you have the key fob in your pocket it will unlock the door, take the key fob away from the car and it won't unlock, it can be handy as you get close to the car it unlocks,
I think there is setting to knock it off though

Feb 4, 2024
Thats how it works ! if you have the key fob in your pocket it will unlock the door, take the key fob away from the car and it won't unlock, it can be handy as you get close to the car it unlocks,
I think there is setting to knock it off though
The door unlock procedure only starts once the handle is grabbed, this then sends a signal to the key, if key is close enough to receive signal it will allow the doors to be unlocked, thanks for your input but I’m 99% sure something isn’t right as I’ve just been on a short journey and got out of the car and attempted to lock the door from the passenger side with the door button and it wouldn’t do anything, walked to drivers side and it worked first time

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
The door unlock procedure only starts once the handle is grabbed, this then sends a signal to the key, if key is close enough to receive signal it will allow the doors to be unlocked, thanks for your input but I’m 99% sure something isn’t right as I’ve just been on a short journey and got out of the car and attempted to lock the door from the passenger side with the door button and it wouldn’t do anything, walked to drivers side and it worked first time
You are wrong, when it is set in the settings (you have to have your fob on you, but as you walk up to the car it unlocks, but to lock it you have to just touch the handle with your hand

Feb 4, 2024
You are wrong, when it is set in the settings (you have to have your fob on you, but as you walk up to the car it unlocks, but to lock it you have to just touch the handle with your hand
The Kessy system on my car only unlocks when you put your hand around the handle

like in this video

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
The Kessy system on my car only unlocks when you put your hand around the handle

like in this video

have you read the Manuel ? I know the clip shows touching the handle but you have said it unlocks when close to the car , one way to test is leave the remote away from the car and see if it unlocks with the handle touching !

also have a look in the infotainment centre and see if you can see the settings, its that long since I had a look on my Leon, but the Octavia it was in there as I switched it on

Feb 4, 2024
have you read the Manuel ? I know the clip shows touching the handle but you have said it unlocks when close to the car , one way to test is leave the remote away from the car and see if it unlocks with the handle touching !

also have a look in the infotainment centre and see if you can see the settings, its that long since I had a look on my Leon, but the Octavia it was in there as I switched it on
I have and I’ve reread it again

Keyless Access is a key-free locking and igni- tion system to unlock and lock the vehicle without actively using its key. To do this, all that is required is to have a valid vehicle key in the detection area where you are attempting to access the vehicle ››› Fig. 139  and to touch one of the sensor surfaces on the door handles ››› Fig. 140 or operate the soft- touch/handle on the rear lid
››› page 139 ››› .
The vehicle can be unlocked and locked via
the front doors only. When doing so, the re- mote control key must be no further than ap- prox. 1.5 m away from the door handle.

Works how it’s described except the issue I’m having with the passenger door been erratic

Tell

Staff member
I have and I’ve reread it again

Works how it’s described except the issue I’m having with the passenger door been erratic
That could be a door fault. There is a receiver / transmitter in each handle. You could try changing the battery. I know if I've got the key burried in my bag positioning can be everything. Best not to bury the key. But a weak battery can hinder the process. The passenger side could be more problematic.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.