Launch control Arona 1.5 DSG

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Does anyone know whether the Arona FR Sport 1.5 DSG has a launch control function? I have read that other VW group cars with this engine and gearbox combination does. Also how do most of you pull away from traflic lights and roundabouts?

Dudept

Nov 18, 2020
Does anyone know whether the Arona FR Sport 1.5 DSG has a launch control function? I have read that other VW group cars with this engine and gearbox combination does. Also how do most of you pull away from traflic lights and roundabouts?
Yes it does. Just brake and give hit power and let.got the brake..

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9 Pro através do Tapatalk

Reactions: IanH72

Tell

Staff member
I reckon you put esc off least as I recall on the Altea. It was a fad thing 😂. Sport is for the gearing. Basically you want to burn rubber to get it to shift, esc off wouldn't.

Never done it. Too sensible. I did see someone doing it in a VW van over 17 years ago in Germany in a park. Probably Thomas with early videos. The penny dropped what they were doing.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I reckon you put esc off least as I recall on the Altea. It was a fad thing 😂. Sport is for the gearing. Basically you want to burn rubber to get it to shift, esc off wouldn't.

Never done it. Too sensible. I did see someone doing it in a VW van over 17 years ago in Germany in a park. Probably Thomas with early videos. The penny dropped what they were doing.
I only asked as my Formentor has launch control and is savage pulling away when using it but is 4 wheel drive so doesn’t spin the wheels. It is more of a gimmick to show friends rather than pulling away from traffic lights etc…

Tell

Staff member
I only asked as my Formentor has launch control and is savage pulling away when using it but is 4 wheel drive so doesn’t spin the wheels. It is more of a gimmick to show friends rather than pulling away from traffic lights etc…
Was easy enough on an Altea DSG if you got the urge, hit the ESP button in the middle somewhere down by the gear stick. Foot on the brake, sport mode, power up, release brake... never did it mind you. Was the old DSG trick so you could make it go like an F1 car :eek:.... or not.

Pretty plucky without that. As DSG type of gear boxes become more common people could keep up with you leaving traffic lights, stired the gear box people never could. More power engines came up with the automatic people so you lost the edge till you changed car. I remember once someone tried to overtake me as I left the village going over speed bumps... always took them slowly. Side by side they couldn't out run me... they shouldn't have tried. I'd take it up to 60. DSG will always change gears quicker than a manual.

Reactions: IanH72
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.