Leon Fr first Edition 2020 1.5 eTSI

Mal Hobbs

Sep 17, 2021
Hi, I've a Leon First edition 1.5eTSI DSG 150bhp, i've had numerous problems with warning messages and updates which have required the car to be booked in at my local seat dealer. I'm still getting the odd warning messages, but today my gear selector went awol, all the gear selectors lit up and despite my switching the engine off and restarting the car stayed the same. Message said safe to drive but contact workshop immeadiately. whilst they said it was safe to drive they were also worried that the gear selector would stop working. Car booked in for the 29 Nov, so its going to sit on my drive for the next 11 days. Has anyone else had this problem.

I've written to the Dealer complaining and asking what are my options re the car.

Attachments

• 4D02EC87-0030-4371-936B-D0080889E3B9.jpeg
    4D02EC87-0030-4371-936B-D0080889E3B9.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 174

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
I had that exact problem in my eTSI first edition about a month ago.

Went to get in the car started it error popped up saying "gear selector fault", called my dealer who couldn't care less just said to call roadside, they were busy😂

Left the car for 20-30mins to let everything properly turn off, got back in started it up and everything has been fine since.

It seemed to me the gear selector got a bit confused and as with 99% of computer issues turning it off and back on again fixes it.

Would be interesting to see if your dealer finds anything, I put it down to the car being the car

Mal Hobbs

Sep 17, 2021
You're probably right, I bet i'll get in the car tomorrow and find its working ok, trouble is you can never be sure. As for my local dealer they'll have the car for the day do some checks and tell me its ok. Its frustrating more than anything!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise