Matte paint query

nwithyman

Nov 7, 2021
Chelmsford, Essex, UK
Good afternoon all, I've got to own up to making no further progress towards getting my Petrol Blue VZ3 ceramic coated as I'm still in info gathering mode. During my research I have come across this -
It makes for very interesting watching.

Reactions: Nickfurnell
Feb 2, 2022
I ended up changing my order to the Graphene Grey, didn't want to deal with the headache of somebody dinging the door or my girlfriend scratching it and having to respray an entire panel! Plus the graphene grey looks incredible!

FormentorVZ3

May 22, 2022
Wax is no problem, i use this one. its realy good.
Lack gewachst.jpeg

Reactions: Nickfurnell

Nickfurnell

Jul 23, 2021
Multiple threads on here about Matte paint. In preparation I've upgraded my Karcher with new hose, short gun, and foam bottle - ready for my Petrol Blue to arrive. Most advice I'm getting is to look at Auto Finesse
as they have specific Matte Paint products.
Ceramic coating is expensive and wrapping feels like I'm ashamed of the choice if colour.

Having spent 3 years handwashing my current car, I'm already in the zone - but already paranoid about careless people parking next to me. I've have 3 dints in the current car over the last couple of months 😪 it's been blemish free before then.

I'll be parking as far away from civilisation as possible 🤣

Last edited:

Tha_Matt_Man

Jun 17, 2020
Belgium
I love the matte paint, looks so special !
But also heard the horror stories so went for graphene grey...

Every time I see a picture of a matte one, I'm like 🤤

Nickfurnell

Jul 23, 2021
Good afternoon all, I've got to own up to making no further progress towards getting my Petrol Blue VZ3 ceramic coated as I'm still in info gathering mode. During my research I have come across this -
It makes for very interesting watching.
Did you ever make a decision on what to do? Over the last couple of weeks, I've started seeing a few more matte VW's out in the wild, Cupra & Audi.

My concern is people/objects brushing past. Or the idiots who open their car doors and seemingly bounce up and down 😪
Is Ceramic is that good, to protect to that level?

Nickfurnell

Jul 23, 2021
Hmm, not quite day 2 and I now have a 3 inch scratch down the passenger door. My.wife was trying to get in the car holding her handbag. The stiff corner rubbed down the door as she got into the front passenger seat 😭

That's me looking back at ceramic coating..

• Wow
Reactions: imran999
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members