Mk2 LC seat plastic/backing

Jul 3, 2020
Kent
Hi all,

Tried searching for a bit of information on the matter but due to the fact that seat is spelt exactly the same as the manufacturer name, im not really getting the results i was hoping lol

does anyone know if i can buy aftermarket plastics for the back of the cupra / cupra R seat? I fancy making it look a bit more special than the standard boring grey plastic. The cupra R one looks nice as its a gloss black, looks far better imo and was wondering whether maybe theyre available to buy anywhere?

many thanks

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
If I recall, I thought the plastic was detachable. If so, I'd guess you'd be able to get spares from eg Listers. However, be aware, having the black gloss myself, it's awful to keep clear of fingerprints. And @Jimbobcook got a scratch on his once and cried for a month (rightly so).

Reactions: Cupra_Jake
Jul 3, 2020
Kent
If I recall, I thought the plastic was detachable. If so, I'd guess you'd be able to get spares from eg Listers. However, be aware, having the black gloss myself, it's awful to keep clear of fingerprints. And @Jimbobcook got a scratch on his once and cried for a month (rightly so).

interesting...

so if i were to detach it to say, get them hydrodipped...

Would the seat still be usable without the back on for a short period?

in all honesty i can imagine getting a scratch would upset even the likes of me but anything looks better than how it does currently surely :p

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I think I've seen people re do the backs of the seats but as mentioned above once scratch and you have a nice white line for all of time haha sad day that was... (cheers for bringing that up @Legojon).

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I think I've seen people re do the backs of the seats but as mentioned above once scratch and you have a nice white line for all of time haha sad day that was... (cheers for bringing that up @Legojon).

I said a month to make it seem like you didn't have OCD... but pretty sure it was more like a year you were still talking about it. LOL.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.