New Altea - Yay but a couple of questions

Dartmoorchilli

Hi there

I've recently swapped by beloved Honda Shuttle (aka the Chilli Wagon) for a 2009 Seat Altea 1.9.

I was going to upload some pics here but it wont let me.

I love the mix of performance and economy. It was either an Altea or a Golf Plus but i think the Altea looks much better especially from the front. The golf looks a bit dull.

However there's a couple of issues that are driving me up the wall.

My biggest bugbear is the locking system when the engine is running. Is there any way of disabling this?
When the engine is running all the doors including the boot seem to be locked from the outside.
The only way of getting round this seems to be turning the engine off. So if i stop on my way back and collect the wheelie bins, i can't just bung them in the boot. I have to stop and turn the engine off. Or if i give someone a lift, i've got to stop and turn engine off before they can open the doors.

This is Dartmoor not miami. I don't think i'm going to get car jacked.

My other irritation is that when i use the remote to turn off the alarm, after 15 seconds if i don't open the door, it activates again.

Is there a way of removing the whole alarm system completely. I loathe car alarms and i've reached the age where is makes no difference to my insurance.

Other than that i really like the car. The privacy glass will help at shows and events and although it's much smaller than the Honda, it has a good loading weight.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
If you buy the carista app and get a blue tooth obd u can do lots off customising maybe that will help the alarm?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

cg82lee@gmail.

cg82lee
Feb 17, 2015
Carista will sort it , it gives you full access to the convenience menu , I have just turned off my auto lock and also changed how the fob unlocks all doors first time rather than second press , and also changed some headlight settings too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevlaa

Altea Stylance / Arona FR Evo
Oct 12, 2010
s.wales
As mentioned there is a button by the arm rest with a picture of a key on this will unlock the doors. I am pretty sure the auto lock can only be turned of with vag com if you wanted to disable the feature. I recently bought another 58 plate 1.9 altea I love the pd engines even if they are rough sounding :)