New Head Unit

ghostface

Hi All

I have the factory installed blutooth carkit/mp3 head unit.

I want to change this to better unit with bluetooth funtions but contiue to use the steering wheel controls.

In other cars you can by an adapter to do this but I have been told there isnt one for the leon.:wtf:

Eddy Gein

Jan 23, 2007
Theres not even a right hand drive headunit fascia adapter out yet so you cant do much until they are released anyway, i want to do the same as you but more for use with my ipod than bluetooth.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Is the Leon HeadUnit and Fascia not the same as the Altea/Toledo? If so would a RHD fascia from these not do the trick and follow the guide on changing HU in the Altea section? It looks the same from Pics, althouhg one side slightly obscurred, so not 100% sure.

simmytt

Dec 2, 2006
midlands
If you look at the sat nav option you will see it is a double din size so maybe this is a better starting point for a after market unit and you should be able to order from stealers?

Birdy

Nov 30, 2006
Manchester (astley)
Is the Leon HeadUnit and Fascia not the same as the Altea/Toledo? If so would a RHD fascia from these not do the trick and follow the guide on changing HU in the Altea section? It looks the same from Pics, althouhg one side slightly obscurred, so not 100% sure.

You may well be onto something here need to investigate..........

Birdy

Nov 30, 2006
Manchester (astley)
I think the way forward is to get a sat nav surround from seat and then a vw double din insert.

I will look into this when i get a bit more time on my hands.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
i had a suspicion there may have been a difference, only pic i could see had part of it obscured! worth a try. as above, use the same meathod as the altea headunit change only with the correct leon fascia, electrics etc should be the same i.e. same radio behind it all etc.

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
Hello peeps

Yes the Leon should be just the same as the Altea!!!

Just get hold of the Sat Nav surround for your model and the double din insert either from an Audio dealer or VW sell them and bung in what ever Head unit you want!!

Im getting my system installed in my Altea SE next week and i'll post some pic's of the Bluetooth wiring that everyone seams to be interested in.

N

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
pioneer do a facia for the rhd new leons, seen it in my local ICE dealer catologue no pic though unfortunatley as i am think of upgrading to a double din screen

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.