New Ibiza SC FR TDI owner

ckyliu

Jan 17, 2014
Derbyshire
:wave: Just bought (not collected yet) a 2010 Seat 6J Ibiza SC FR 2.0 TDI CR140 (or is it a 143?) in solid red (don't know the proper name for the colour yet!). I previously owned a 6Y Skoda Fabia vRS PD130 so I'm hoping this will be more of the same, now I'm back in the world of VAG diesel, because I loved my Fab and the crazy power delivery! If you see a pre-facelift red Ibiza FR SC in North East Derbyshire, give me a wave :)

I've already ordered the LED reversing bulb recommended on here for the SC (so I can use the search function, at least a bit :lol: )

I have a few questions that I'm hoping you chaps can help me out with:
  1. Is there a PDF version of the owner's manual available to download, I'm one of those sad b.....ds who wants to RTFM so I can work all the toys when I get my hands on the car; Google and the forum search doesn't seem to have turned up much.
  2. I notice if I follow the gear change recommendation I'm cruising at <2000 rpm and this leads to quite a bit of vibration, is this normal (the vibrations, not the gear indicator)l?
  3. Is there any interior trim available to lift the rather sombre mood of the cabin, such as air vent surrounds or some metal effect trim for the dash (tasteful of course)?
  4. The bonnet is chipped to death, looks like my face when I was a teenager; is £250-£300 for a bonnet respray a fair estimate? Or perhaps I should get it vinyl wrapped, which may be cheaper and prevent future chips? Can the vinyl be colour matched to the paint well though?
  5. The car has got Toyo Proxes 4 tyres, does anyone have any experience of these? I will have a Google for some tyre reviews too.

Last edited:

ckyliu

Jan 17, 2014
Derbyshire
Oh and one more thing I forgot to mention previously:

6. I've only got one key fob but would like a second. I've been quoted £115 inc. VAT by SEAT (plus a bit of labour to programme it). Is it possible to programme it myself in the car, and if so how? And does anyone know if I could get a remote fob from a key cutters, like Timpsons, for less?

Cheers chaps :) PS: Will of course post up in relevant sections of the forum later if I don't get any replies here

Last edited:

Bradnam LCR

Dec 17, 2013
Crawley, West sussex
Welcome bud, a fellow newbie here :) sounds like a nice motor, in regards to the key they do not come cheap unfortunately, there is normally a 30min labour charge to programme them to the car, im sure theres other ways to have them programmed but most likely wont be simple. where abouts are you based?

ckyliu

Jan 17, 2014
Derbyshire
Thanks mate, I'm based between Sheffield and Derby, so I get to call the Peak District my playground :) Nice, but not as quick as your LCR (sadly I can't afford to run something that outrageously fast)!

Bradnam LCR

Dec 17, 2013
Crawley, West sussex
Thanks mate, I'm based between Sheffield and Derby, so I get to call the Peak District my playground :) Nice, but not as quick as your LCR (sadly I can't afford to run something that outrageously fast)!

Yeh it can be juicy depending on my right foot :rolleyes: but they are wicked cars, I work at a seat dealer and see all types of the FR's, driven petrols and diesels and there both great!

The key programming is a pain, but is obviously worth it considering the cost involved if you lost your one and only key!

ckyliu

Jan 17, 2014
Derbyshire
I'm sure most veteran users know of this website but I have found a few trim bits at seataccessories.co.uk/category/IBIZA_SPORT_COUPE__3DR__2008___2012/Interior,i.html?sortBy=FeaturedDesc but chuff me they're expensive for a few plastic bits! And some of them don't look that nice.

Last edited:

MJJJ1

Jan 23, 2014
Welcome :)

Also just got myself a red SC FR TDI :D

I'm getting the same juddering when following the gear change indicator.. 6th gear is the worst at anything under 55mph.

Still get around the 50mpg mark in 5th at 60+ though so its all good :p

ckyliu

Jan 17, 2014
Derbyshire
Thanks for that, I don't feel like mines acting dodgy now and I will definitely be ignoring the gear change indicator!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise