Jul 3, 2023
Whats the differences between the Brembo front and the non-branded front brakes? Are they the same spec wise just non-branded?

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Brembos are a few mm bigger and several £s more to replace 🙈

West24

Jul 4, 2023
Picking my VZN up on Thursday. Will also be in mountain green as I find black difficult to keep clean….

Reactions: VZN
Aug 22, 2023
Thinking of ordering a VZN imminently. What did you guys think of the brakes, are they strong despite not being Brembo?

West24

Jul 4, 2023
Thinking of ordering a VZN imminently. What did you guys think of the brakes, are they strong despite not being Brembo?
I came from a 2017 Audi S5 and initially found them requiring a little more travel on the pedal. After 1500 miles I’m perfectly comfortable with the brakes on the VZN (although never tried the Bembo’s to make that comparison for you)! Just takes a little adjustment, but we’ve all done that changing from car to car haven’t we! 😀👍🏻Good luck with your decision!

Reactions: ForMenThor

VEDI

May 14, 2023
The standard brake calipers are a decent size. The rotors increase from 340mm to 370mm with Brembos.

Bigger brakes tend to be a bit more for track focus to reduce fade. You will get a little more stopping power but generally better tyres will make a much bigger difference for braking distance.

Reactions: ForMenThor

West24

Jul 4, 2023
I’ve sold my VZN after less than 3 months. To many issues with the infotainment (linked to enabled services), poor fuel economy, less than spirited throttle response, engine sound, and fidgity ride. I think I made the mistake of thinking it would feel more like my old mk7.5 Golf R, but after having 3 different 3.0l six pots more recently I’ve gone for a M340D which suits me much better.

West24

Jul 4, 2023
Could it be just the good old fashioned needs running in for a while..? 🤔
Nah, like I said I’ve been more recently accustomed to motors with more torque and I haven’t needed to have it some pseudo race mode for it to have some immediate response. They all have a better soundtrack as well, especially the S5. The BMW has 700nm and it’s just always on (if I want), and 50-60mpg on the school run!

West24

Jul 4, 2023
I've just had one for review and it was picked up yesterday. Infotainment was fine but agree re throttle response.
I had to spend entire journeys with lights flashing by the sunroof controls (spanner, etc) with constant beeps and voice messages that “This service is not enable, please contact a service representative”. I ended up perfo an upgrade, resetting the whole thing and I never reconnected my phone… it was fine after this and allowed me to trade it in…..

• Wow
Reactions: Syphon

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
I think going to a 340D is rational. Not as good as the B58 340i but that amount of torque in a AWD system is going to be put to good use. Diesel is probably unwise for my short journeys mind and its a good choice, although it loses a lot of tech to rival the Formentor on price though and it's "just another" BMW at the end of the day.

Imo the 4cyl vs 6cyl engine noise is more; pick your favourite intake sound nowadays - because all modern engines are neutered from the outside with a GPF.

It's very easy to out-decibel any of these engines if you just fit a Miltek to your ratty 4cyl and it will turn far more heads for better or worse - if you are into such things. So I'm happy with the sound effects on the Formentor's CUPRA mode as it only takes a Mustang or C63 or any V8 to show up and nobody cares about your in-line 6 note anymore. :ROFLMAO:

The difference in responsiveness is a problem on the MQB Evo platform though. The eco and sports modes are retrospectively wider than ever before if you don't tell the car how you want to drive. Hopefully a stage 1 from any decent tuner will sort the responsiveness out, time will tell.

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
I had to spend entire journeys with lights flashing by the sunroof controls (spanner, etc) with constant beeps and voice messages that “This service is not enable, please contact a service representative”. I ended up perfo an upgrade, resetting the whole thing and I never reconnected my phone… it was fine after this and allowed me to trade it in…..
Ouch! 😮

West24

Jul 4, 2023
I think going to a 340D is rational. Not as good as the B58 340i but that amount of torque in a AWD system is going to be put to good use. Diesel is probably unwise for my short journeys mind and its a good choice, although it loses a lot of tech to rival the Formentor on price though and it's "just another" BMW at the end of the day.

Imo the 4cyl vs 6cyl engine noise is more; pick your favourite intake sound nowadays - because all modern engines are neutered from the outside with a GPF.

It's very easy to out-decibel any of these engines if you just fit a Miltek to your ratty 4cyl and it will turn far more heads for better or worse - if you are into such things. So I'm happy with the sound effects on the Formentor's CUPRA mode as it only takes a Mustang or C63 or any V8 to show up and nobody cares about your in-line 6 note anymore. :ROFLMAO:

The difference in responsiveness is a problem on the MQB Evo platform though. The eco and sports modes are retrospectively wider than ever before if you don't tell the car how you want to drive. Hopefully a stage 1 from any decent tuner will sort the responsiveness out, time will tell.
I don’t feel like I’ve compromised on equipment. I found a pristine 22/71 with less than 15k, with comfort, technology, visibility and shadowline packs. No matrix lights but super bright Laser lights, no sunroof but not a problem for me. The refinement of the drive/ride, the quality of the trim is superior to the Cupra.

i agree with you re. the M340i, it was the car I would have gone with had I left the decision to my heart.

im definitely not happy about having to change and I wanted my Cupra experience to be closer to that of my Golf, but as it turned out I bought the Cupra brand new with £6.5k off the list, I lost a further £3k on the part ex offer but arguably bought the BMW £4k below where it might have been. Hey I’m out of it and got some cash back. 🙏

I bought from Alexander’s in Yorkshire and was amazed and disappointed to see a Lamborghini Urus with the same switchgear as my Cupra and previous Audi. I know there’s nothing wrong with any of that switchgear but come on….

incidentally, the kids prefer it in the back of the BMW, they tell me it’s mor comfortable.

VEDI

May 14, 2023
The base 340i in Australia is 40% more expensive (extra $45k) than the top tier Formentor, so unfortunately the value comparison here is not great.

Much happier to grab a tune and some sway bars for under $3k.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.