New Member - Cupra Owner // London

Feb 19, 2023
Hey! New to the forum and owner of a Seat Leon Cupra 1.8T 180 52' - looking to learn about common faults and solutions to my somewhat troublesome machine!

Feb 19, 2023
Hi there,

I have quite a few issues at the moment, some I am currently fixing and some I am trying to research about. However, I can start by mentioning the unknowns...

I was away for 6 weeks and sadly a seal must have been broken whilst I was gone. I came back with mould, heavy condensation and puddles in the offside front and back. The car has been deep/steam cleaned and mould is removed. Further investigation is being done for the affected footwells to check for decay.

Since then, I have noticed some intermittent issues with the fuel gauge, indicators and I am not unable to open the boot. It all seems to much of a coincidence to happen at once. I also replaced the battery since i've been back and a day after the immobiliser is now engaging which shuts the engine off. It may be worth noting that before this, I have previously had issues with one of the windows jamming although..

** Immobiliser **
Things I have tried are:
- leaving the key with ignition on for 10-15 mins then starting the engine
- disconnecting/reconnecting the battery and restarting

The above solutions manage to get the car going but are not a prosperous solution.

Things I have considered:
- damaged soldering on the connectors from the gauge cluster (potentially from the level of moisture and amount of time it was damp for)

In terms driving, things are running smoothly and I haven't noticed any mechanical issues (airflow, temperature etc).
Apologies in advance for the amount of info here, I am new to car communities and everything is happening at once :(

Cheers in advance!

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Wow, a lot to sort there, try looking/posting in the Leon threads of the SEAT car forums, as not all folks read this newbie section. Help will be found there I think.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.