New Member - possible Formentor...

Apr 6, 2021
So, Here I am, currently a 320d m sport owner of 12 months, prior to that a mk7.5 Golf GTi owner for 2 years, now looking possibly at the new Formentor... Why? Well I kinda just love the way it looks, but I need to decide on which engine combo will work best for me.
I do around 20k miles a year, mainly motorway. I think I would like the extra "oomph" the hybrid would give, on the hope the economy balances out. Having been unable to get a test drive so far, I am just here to read and see whats what.

Reactions: Syphon

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Welcome, I seen your other thread regarding mpg on the 1.5. The 320d will be far better for the miles you do, the 1.5 is ok but obviously wont be as good as the 320d. The 1.5 is a decent engine when mated to the auto box but others have complained it is jerky with the manual box. As with most petrol/diesel only cars, the short stop/start journeys kill mpg no matter what size motor.
Regarding the hybrid you would be lugging the extra weight about up and down the motorway for not a great deal of gain, wouldn't feel as nimble compared to the 1.5 either. Yes the hybrid would make sense on shorter local trips but not for up and down the motorway (just my opinion).

Apr 6, 2021
Welcome, I seen your other thread regarding mpg on the 1.5. The 320d will be far better for the miles you do, the 1.5 is ok but obviously wont be as good as the 320d. The 1.5 is a decent engine when mated to the auto box but others have complained it is jerky with the manual box. As with most petrol/diesel only cars, the short stop/start journeys kill mpg no matter what size motor.
Regarding the hybrid you would be lugging the extra weight about up and down the motorway for not a great deal of gain, wouldn't feel as nimble compared to the 1.5 either. Yes the hybrid would make sense on shorter local trips but not for up and down the motorway (just my opinion).
Pretty much agree with everything you’ve said. The main reason for shifting from the 320d is I don’t find it comfortable, and I miss the GTi but not a fan of the new one. Love the looks of the Formentor so it’s just a case of deciding which engine.. thanks 🙌🏻

Reactions: jcbmally

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Pretty much agree with everything you’ve said. The main reason for shifting from the 320d is I don’t find it comfortable, and I miss the GTi but not a fan of the new one. Love the looks of the Formentor so it’s just a case of deciding which engine.. thanks 🙌🏻
I can definitely confirm the Formentor is comfortable but mine has the adaptive suspension, the seats are supportive and comfortable. Hopefully you'll get a test drive soon mate.

Apr 6, 2021
Ah you have the proper one:LOL: - I would really like one of these but I think with my mileage the fuel would end up just too much.
I have just been offered a new V2 1.5dsg on the following terms
Dep - £8780
36 months at £267
Final payment of £12825
based on 20k miles a year

Is this a good deal? I am trying to squeeze a bit more out of them.... but it would be good to gauge what others have acheived

Reactions: jcbmally

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Ah you have the proper one:LOL: - I would really like one of these but I think with my mileage the fuel would end up just too much.
I have just been offered a new V2 1.5dsg on the following terms
Dep - £8780
36 months at £267
Final payment of £12825
based on 20k miles a year

Is this a good deal? I am trying to squeeze a bit more out of them.... but it would be good to gauge what others have acheived
Your asking the wrong man mate :giggle:. I pay whatever I feel is right at the time ;). Deposit seems a little high but monthlies are good for the mileage, but as my better half often says "what do you know!!" :ROFLMAO: There is a thread on what deals other peeps have had.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.