New owner!

Oct 26, 2021
Took delivery of a brand new Seat Leon Sports Tourer Estate today - 1.5 eTSI DSG FR First Edition

Attachments

• 537B712C-EC4A-497A-81F5-41FEDB8607EF.jpeg
    537B712C-EC4A-497A-81F5-41FEDB8607EF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 153

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
Ah that looks so good, love the Desire Red. This is similar to what I've been waiting since May for (mine's an FR Sport, same colour). Only another 3 months to go...

Reactions: Jamesa91

xeizo

Aug 17, 2021
I don't even have a date, the dealer has stopped answering emails. I suppose they are in crisis management mode right now, it can't be great being a dealer and not being able to deliver any goods. And another component factory was hit by a earthquake the other day and is closed down, the words largest RAM factory(Micron).
This was the absolute worst time buying a new car LoL Happy for the TS though, congrats!

• Wow
Oct 26, 2021
Sadly there’s already issues with it! Battery is showing as low and it refuses to start. Taking it back to the dealer 😫

Oct 26, 2021
Hopefully he'll bring a big f**k off battery and all will be good :)

I'm sure it'll be fine once it's had a good look over. I drove it earlier after it started randomly and it's a great motor - I've come from an Audi A5 Sportback 40 TFSI and it doesn't feel any less powerful than that even though it has less BHP. For most use cases the SEAT will be perfect, especially when carrying tons of my kids stuff.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Hopefully he'll bring a big f**k off battery and all will be good :)

My Formentor VZ2 310 decided to drain its battery back in May. When the recovery people arrived I was told they have enough charge in their jump pack to start 5-6 cars

The pack was connected to my car and followed by a rather loud f*** me. Apparently my car took the full charge from the pack and totally drained it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 26, 2021
Update - technician suspected what I did, that being the battery has been drained whilst the car has been in waiting for a buyer. He's done all the checks and, this morning, it started up as expected with no warnings or anything. I gave it a good run out today so hopefully it'll get the battery charged up!

Torque69

Sep 18, 2021
South Birmingham
Update - technician suspected what I did, that being the battery has been drained whilst the car has been in waiting for a buyer. He's done all the checks and, this morning, it started up as expected with no warnings or anything. I gave it a good run out today so hopefully it'll get the battery charged up!
Good to know. Has the car not been charged (the high voltage hybrid batteries) via 13A or Wallbox since you had it?

Oct 26, 2021
Good to know. Has the car not been charged (the high voltage hybrid batteries) via 13A or Wallbox since you had it?

The technician thinks the battery was depleted and they jumped it to get it onto the delivery truck to get it to me, then, when it was delivered, the battery has been draining and needs a good charge by driving. A good 30-40 minute motorway journey today helped I'm sure.

Torque69

Sep 18, 2021
South Birmingham
The technician thinks the battery was depleted and they jumped it to get it onto the delivery truck to get it to me, then, when it was delivered, the battery has been draining and needs a good charge by driving. A good 30-40 minute motorway journey today helped I'm sure.
Ignore me as lost the plot...., had mistakenly thought yours was the ehybrid PHEV model...DOH!!

• Haha
Oct 26, 2021
Update - found out the car was built in June 2020! No wonder the battery died. Going to get a new battery put in and a full check over done just to be sure the car is safe.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members