New Seat Leon Cupra 280 owner 👋

Sep 19, 2022
Hey guys and greetings from south east England!

A few weeks ago I have just picked up a 2015 Seat Leon Cupra 280 DSG. It is my second car and a big upgrade from my 2010 Mazda 2 and I am in love with it. Glad to join the SEAT family ❤️

IMG_6810.jpeg
IMG_6899.jpeg
IMG_6904.jpeg

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Welcome to the family i have had my 2014 plate since 2015 and whilst its no longer a stock car i would never sell it just a great motor

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Welcome to SCN, I had my 280 from new in 2014 till 2022 and never had a fault in all that time, great car. Nice colour that, goes well with the black wheels too, hope yours last as long as mine did.

Sep 19, 2022
Welcome to the family i have had my 2014 plate since 2015 and whilst its no longer a stock car i would never sell it just a great motor

Nice one what have you had done to yours? Getting my res delete done Friday as the stock sound isn’t the greatest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 19, 2022
Welcome to SCN, I had my 280 from new in 2014 till 2022 and never had a fault in all that time, great car. Nice colour that, goes well with the black wheels too, hope yours last as long as mine did.

Wow 8 years so must have been a solid car then! I see you have upgraded now to what? Yeah luckily the dealer I bought it from refurbed the wheels and painted them black instead of the diamond cut ones.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Wow 8 years so must have been a solid car then! I see you have upgraded now to what? Yeah luckily the dealer I bought it from refurbed the wheels and painted them black instead of the diamond cut ones.
I have a CUPRA Leon 300 VZ2 as in my signature and the photo to the left of my reply. It was still perfect when I traded it in for the VZ2 which is quicker and has no tramping on hard accelerating that the 280 had, but miss my cd player though.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Nice one what have you had done to yours? Getting my res delete done Friday as the stock sound isn’t the greatest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
List is very long but highlights are:

Full Stage 3 tune with Milteck exhaust.
Big Brake Kit
KW Varaint 3 Clubsport Coilover Kit
Upgraded ARB'S, Pollybushed and lots of other suspension upgrades
Audi front sub frame
OZ Ultralaga wheels
Body Kit

Currently waiting for second aux radiator to be fitted and waiting for Racingline sale to also fit oil cooler kit as the oil get's hot when spending a lot of time on the track.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
List is very long but highlights are:

Full Stage 3 tune with Milteck exhaust.
Big Brake Kit
KW Varaint 3 Clubsport Coilover Kit
Upgraded ARB'S, Pollybushed and lots of other suspension upgrades
Audi front sub frame
OZ Ultralaga wheels
Body Kit

Currently waiting for second aux radiator to be fitted and waiting for Racingline sale to also fit oil cooler kit as the oil get's hot when spending a lot of time on the track.
How did you find going stage 3 with the FWD system? Mines stage 1 at the moment, and I still get some wheelhop despite having good tyres, a dogbone mount insert. I feel the power is too much for the FWD system to handle from standing. I did think about stage 2 but not sure if it’s financially beneficial 🤷🏻‍♂️

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
How did you find going stage 3 with the FWD system? Mines stage 1 at the moment, and I still get some wheelhop despite having good tyres, a dogbone mount insert. I feel the power is too much for the FWD system to handle from standing. I did think about stage 2 but not sure if it’s financially beneficial 🤷🏻‍♂️
No problem at all, yes I can get wheel spin but these cars are not 0 - 60 they are 30 - 160 monsters and the joy is you dont run out of steam at 90, its still got lots more to give. My car spends most of its life on the racetrack so I dont have to carry around the extra weight of the 4wd system. Weakest link on my car is ME.

Afraid modifying cars is never financially beneficial and if you check out facebook these days you see people who have spent lots and then break the car to get some of the money back. I took the view very early on this car would be a keeper so its just a cost you absorb to have fun on the track but still be able to get 40mpg on a long run.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members