New Side Skirts Fitted

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Finally got around to fitting my side skirts I got from eBay , worked out £185 with painting which im pleased with as Sest wanted £600 without paint lol , i know they are only fibre glass but they fit really well considering.
20200810_192920.jpg
20200810_192940.jpg
20200810_193044.jpg

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
Did you fit them mate or the body shop ?

Did hear and it could be wrong there is a lot of extra work involved and self tapping screw into the sill which freaks me out.

They do look excellent.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Did you fit them mate or the body shop ?

Did hear and it could be wrong there is a lot of extra work involved and self tapping screw into the sill which freaks me out.

They do look excellent.

Hi
I bonded them on with a specific body adhesive and only used the existing screw that holds the wheel arch linner in so the ends are held , I also used a line of 3M tape along the top edge to hold them in place until it had set , pretty easy really .

Reactions: Compo1

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
Hi
I bonded them on with a specific body adhesive and only used the existing screw that holds the wheel arch linner in so the ends are held , I also used a line of 3M tape along the top edge to hold them in place until it had set , pretty easy really .

So you didnt need to refinish the shape of the skirt to the sil at all ?

If not give us a link to your seller :)

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
So you didnt need to refinish the shape of the skirt to the sil at all ?

If not give us a link to your seller :)

They came in Grey and I just got the painter to smooth them up a bit , one side was a bit bowed out when I first offered them up but I just pulled that part straight and wrapped masking tape around to hold it and left it in the sun for the day to straighten .
Look at this on eBay

Reactions: Compo1

jiraffe

Dec 6, 2020
kent
sorry to bring up an old thread.

these do look good, iv been looking at these for me FR but i dont really want fibre glass ones and finding it hard to find, as they all seem to be :(

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
sorry to bring up an old thread.

these do look good, iv been looking at these for me FR but i dont really want fibre glass ones and finding it hard to find, as they all seem to be :(
You can get them new from Seat but they're very expensive.
There is a Turkish company who make them in plastic (ABS) so they could be an option. They also provide them painted if wanted.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jiraffe

jiraffe

Dec 6, 2020
kent
You can get them new from Seat but they're very expensive.
There is a Turkish company who make them in plastic (ABS) so they could be an option. They also provide them painted if wanted.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
ill take a look at these thanks you

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.