New to the forum, looking at getting a seat Leon st

Andy Knoxville

Jun 17, 2020
Hi all,

I stumbled across this forum whilst trying to get (scarce) info on the Seat Leon ST Xcellence Lux (probably as the search is so long).

I'm currently driving around in a Mk5 1.4tsi golf and as much as I love it, being an 08 plate with nearly 100,000 miles, it's starting to show it's age...

I love the look and performance of the st 300 cupra. But my commute is 9 miles of sedate country roads most of the times each way.

I just can't justify all the hp and cost of running a 300 cupra.

A 2.0 at Leon looks a good fit for me.

Does anyone have any experience of the Xcellence Lux range? Are they worth the extra £££'s

Thanks in advance

Knoxville

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi all,

I stumbled across this forum whilst trying to get (scarce) info on the Seat Leon ST Xcellence Lux (probably as the search is so long).

I'm currently driving around in a Mk5 1.4tsi golf and as much as I love it, being an 08 plate with nearly 100,000 miles, it's starting to show it's age...

I love the look and performance of the st 300 cupra. But my commute is 9 miles of sedate country roads most of the times each way.

I just can't justify all the hp and cost of running a 300 cupra.

A 2.0 at Leon looks a good fit for me.

Does anyone have any experience of the Xcellence Lux range? Are they worth the extra £££'s

Thanks in advance

Knoxville

Welcome to SCN, I have no knowledge of the Xcellence Lux though, so can't help there.

Reactions: Andy Knoxville

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum, I'm waiting on my Leon Cupra ST 300 to arrive at the dealer for my lease to start lol have you looked at the spec difference as I think the lux has quite a few goodies. Personally not seen one in the metal so I won't be able to be much help I'm afraid with regards to mpg etc

Maybe worth getting in contact with our forum sponsor at letchworth SEAT / CUPRA they maybe able to help further...

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
Welcome, sorry cant offer any advice on that specific model, but from my experience i love my ST, it's looks good for an estate, it's not too big to get parked and a nice place to spend time in to Italy and back, hope you get sorted.

Andy Knoxville

Jun 17, 2020
Welcome, sorry cant offer any advice on that specific model, but from my experience i love my ST, it's looks good for an estate, it's not too big to get parked and a nice place to spend time in to Italy and back, hope you get sorted.

Thank you, I think I'm actually going too look at the ST 2.0 FR sport now. I much prefer the styling and a few other things on the FR sport (flat bottomed steering wheel) for example. This is such a good forum to be part of and I have felt really welcome.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Thank you, I think I'm actually going too look at the ST 2.0 FR sport now. I much prefer the styling and a few other things on the FR sport (flat bottomed steering wheel) for example. This is such a good forum to be part of and I have felt really welcome.
Good luck, let us know if you get it.

Sil

May 25, 2020
Welcome to the forum...i’ve found the same as anew member, everyone welcoming and helpful! Can’t help on the xcellence, however coming out of a passat b8 diesel, i collect my st300 next weekend!! Cannot wait! Best if luck with your search and defo worth speaking ti Letchworth Seat - thats who i’ve ordered through and found them great to deal with!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise