Newbie here... say hi!

luthor1

Hi all,

I have just become the proud owner of a 51 plate Cupra in Canary(?) yellow. She has electric leather seat and loads of other toys that you guys are all used to by now!!! Done 35k miles.

I am gonna ask all the dumbest of dumb questions because as a newbie its way more fun to interact with people than trawl through old threads which will definitely answer all my questions...

So I open up this thread to anyone that can be ar$ed to answer all the questions you think I should be asking as a new Cupra owner!!! :funk:

Come on guys, you all know the drill!!!

Thanks
Luthor [B)]

MJT6905

Hi Luthor,

I have recently purchased an almost identical car to yourself, but with 49k. It has proven to be good fun so far, but is mainly used by my wife to ferry our 6 month old daughter around in. Still good when I get a go though.

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
Hey welcome to the Chaos.. both of you. :wave:

Intro posts normally end up in the intro thread. Loads of questions have been asked before so if there is something specific, have a look at the search section as quite often someone else will have asked the same question before.

Good choice on colour tho.. Onvi yellow is the nicest.. then again I am biased.

20vtB0b

Cupra R - No looking back
Mar 25, 2003
Woking
Visit site
Welcome to the site :)

luthor1 said:
I am gonna ask all the dumbest of dumb questions because as a newbie its way more fun to interact with people than trawl through old threads which will definitely answer all my questions...

If you don't mind people repeatedly telling you to 'Use The Search Button' then go right ahead ;)

Here are some things to NOT ask about (without first doing a search) :
Whooshy Dump Valves
Which remap is best
What does the little button next to the drivers seat do

Bob

luthor1

meheheh, little button? I have not even *found* the little button yet!!! ROFL is it an ejector seat? does a screen fly up between me and Mrs Luthor to prevent her screams putting me off??

I like the Yellow... gonna need to buy loads polish though!

So far I have picked up:

Get rid of awful AWFUL Pirelli's
Get the REVO mapping thing done (205bhp??)
Do a dog-bone bush ?? (wtf is that?)
Quick-shift - now this is interesting. I have one on my other car and they are cool. I thought the LC was a little sloppy, so this is cool mod.

I am old school tuner, so do they do Solid Top Mounts and poly-suspension bushes too? (yes, yes press the search button - I know!!)

:)

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
luthor1 said:
Hi all,

I have just become the proud owner of a 51 plate Cupra in Canary(?) yellow. She has electric leather seat and loads of other toys that you guys are all used to by now!!! Done 35k miles.

So I open up this thread to anyone that can be ar$ed to answer all the questions you think I should be asking as a new Cupra owner!!! :funk:

Come on guys, you all know the drill!!!

Thanks
Luthor [B)]
welcome to the flock mate and great choice of car:D :clap: dont worry about the questions we have to start some where

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
MJT6905 said:
Hi Luthor,

I have recently purchased an almost identical car to yourself, but with 49k. It has proven to be good fun so far, but is mainly used by my wife to ferry our 6 month old daughter around in. Still good when I get a go though.
my wife drives mine allday mate and i only get weekend custardy of the car so welcome and i know how it feels:lol: :lol: hope you have fun

20vtB0b

Cupra R - No looking back
Mar 25, 2003
Woking
Visit site
cuprasmiff said:
my wife drives mine allday mate and i only get weekend custardy of the car so welcome and i know how it feels:lol: :lol: hope you have fun

Pretty much the same here, explains why I have three scuffed alloys [:@]

Bob

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise