Newbie question ; VZ edition tow bar

tetrad

Mar 25, 2021
Hi - I'm a potential Formentor purchaser - finding this forum really useful. Thanks everyone.
I need a tow bar for our family bikes. I can specify this in the configurator in a VZ3 (does anyone know if it is electric and 'hideaway' ?)
Also, does anyone know if you can retrofit this tow bar onto a VZ edition - this is my favourite configuration but it is no longer on the configurator, however there are a few new ones still for sale and at a good deal for the panoramic roof + brembo + special wheels. Thanks in advance.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Hi Tetrad,
Having read the manual the towbar has an electric release to let it drop but has to be manually locked in position and then to push back under the bumper. I don’t think it can be retrofitted as the release button is fitted in the boot. Having the factory fitted towbar changes how the reversing camera works when the towbar is locked in position the help guide you to your trailer etc... and also will set off the car alarm if someone disconnects the power cable providing the lights are not LED’s on the trailer.

tetrad

Mar 25, 2021
Thanks for the advice,more complex than I thought, I will need to go vz3 from factory.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Ive seen a guy in FB who had a towbar fitted by the dealer to his VZ Edition. It fully integrated with the car.

It does tuck away and from what I remember you pull a lever in the boot which deploys the tow at. You then lock it in place for use. It then stows away after use.

I think it was done by Seat/Cupra at Stockport but can’t be 100% certain. Maybe give them a call to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jammyski

Mar 6, 2021
You can get one retrofitted but if you want it to deploy in the same way as the factory fitted one it’s a big job and expensive so would recommend just getting the VZ3 I had exactly the same requirement as you and seemed less messing around to do it that way

Baldiesimo

Mar 16, 2021
I had one fitted last week. Exactly same as factory fit by Cupra citygate Reading.
Push switch in boot and it drops down.
£1400.

tetrad

Mar 25, 2021
Great - thanks so much for sharing. I can now look at this as an option too- as long as there are some new Editions still around !

Hi Tetrad,
Having read the manual the towbar has an electric release to let it drop but has to be manually locked in position and then to push back under the bumper. I don’t think it can be retrofitted as the release button is fitted in the boot. Having the factory fitted towbar changes how the reversing camera works when the towbar is locked in position the help guide you to your trailer etc... and also will set off the car alarm if someone disconnects the power cable providing the lights are not LED’s on the trailer.
Anything can be retrofitted :)

If you're after an OEM solution, please give us a message!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.