Nottingham Newbie!

BumbleB33

Hi guys!

Just bought my '98 Seat Ibiza end of November, and then read the "you know you own a mk2 when...". Had me in stitches as I realised that most of these problems had already presented themselves! It's bright yellow (or should I say, three shades of yellow?!)

After taking it for a service today, I ended up with a long list of reports of what I simply must have done to it, namely all four brakes, new wiper mechanism (think my string of hair ties from the stalk to the sunvisor is better than a new mechanism any day!) wheel bearings, "interfering" electrics and a faulty passenger window.

Rather than spend the £914 that Halfords wanted me to, I've decided to use the power of the internet (and the mechanical skill of my other half and uncle) to fix it all myself!

So my everday runaround has turned into the project car I always wanted but didn't think I could afford! Haha :lol:

BumbleB33

Haha, local "lass" actually ;)

I'll try get there soon as I can, got a weekend planned soon to fix it all up! Then saving up for a respray, think the old dear deserves it!

BumbleB33

Originally an Essex girl, lived in nottingham for just over a year, out bilborough/strelley way.

Alls i know is its a mk2 1998 seat ibiza, 1.4 but know its not got any mods (apart from the string of hair ties from the sunvisor to the wiper arm as the mechanism is screwed!)

Dont really havr that much knowledge of.cars, despite.my fiancee desperatley trying for many years! Although im having to learn now!

Last edited by a moderator:

Seatleonfr

Stapleford isn't that bad really! I've moved now but I used to work at Beeston (I'm a police officer) and I covered Stapleford and there was rarely any trouble there. Apart from at Wetherspoons. Oh and when the idiots from Sandiacre decided to cross the border.

Seatleonfr

Originally an Essex girl, lived in nottingham for just over a year, out bilborough/strelley way.

Alls i know is its a mk2 1998 seat ibiza, 1.4 but know its not got any mods (apart from the string of hair ties from the sunvisor to the wiper arm as the mechanism is screwed!)

Dont really havr that much knowledge of.cars, despite.my fiancee desperatley trying for many years! Although im having to learn now!

My wife is from Essex, well Southend on Sea.

Do you miss it? She is constantly on about us moving there... After visiting a few times I can honestly say I think it's better than people make out.

Oh I've worked at Broxtowe too! The little shed on the left on Strelley road!

BumbleB33

My wife is from Essex, well Southend on Sea.

Do you miss it? She is constantly on about us moving there... After visiting a few times I can honestly say I think it's better than people make out.

Oh I've worked at Broxtowe too! The little shed on the left on Strelley road!

Haha, yeah I do miss it! I was born in Redbridge area, my dad from walthamstow, but my mum's family is from Southend on Sea! My uncle still lives in Leigh and my nan in Southend, and it's that uncle that's helped me fix it.

He's been up since Friday morning, and found a hell of a load of problems! Rear brake cylinder nut has corroded on and he can't get it off without snapping the brake lines, turns out my wheel alignment is completely out, and I need a new steering wheel! Also took him about 5 hours to fit 1 disk brake, which he assures me is "not how it should bloody go" haha

Still, at least I can actually stop when I press the brake now!

If anyone has a spare steering wheel.... :help:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members