Nsf hub carrier

Nov 19, 2019
Eastbourne
Hi. My car was hit by a muppet pushing the nsf wheel back. After swapping various damaged parts firstly lower arm, I've still got a camber issue of -2deg. Was -4 but a strut got 2 of them lol. Having done a lot of those type of impacts in the trade I'm working through the list and getting there. Next part to swap is the hub carrier. I did research and seems the tt225 was the same. I got a 2nd hand one and refurbed it etc all lovely ready to go. Once the brake disc was off mine I saw my part number is 8NO 407 255H. The TT one ends in B. Everything looked the same except a few mm 'sweep back sort of look' from the bearing to the strut. Difficult to explain... Looked like it may create a different castor angle? I'm new to VAG group cars as of 2 years with this leon. Im ex maindealer Renault and Ford body shop and my mates ex Renault master tech. Luckily we teach thevtrades at a local college and have all the gear including Hunter 4wa machine so messing about with the car the cheapest way part by parts not as bad. 8N is the model of a mk1 TT as 1M is mk1 leon. I know lots of parts are used across platforms but also read here that the leon had some front suspension changes. Including the thinner arb of 18mm etc. Is anyone aware of the differences from B to H? Is this visible (and awkwardly measured) difference damage maybe? Also mines the bolt type. Is the nut type bearing the same but just comes with nut or bolt? As in stretch bolt?

Nov 19, 2019
Eastbourne
I tried to show where the H was swept back looked like only 5 or 10mm but had to measure...

Attachments

• 20200728_165518.jpg
    20200728_165518.jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 99
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.