Old retired grumpy with no feet in the grave.

Retiree2013

Jun 29, 2020
Where do I start, well I suppose the beginning is a good way, we have owned our Toledo 1.9 tdi since new (2003) and she’s provided sterling service requiring only routine maintenance plus a few odd bits now and again. Same with my old Vauxhall Astra, Mazda MX5 which is our sunny days vehicle and the wife’s’ chariot a 2018 Mazda CX5 which seldom am I allowed to dirty with my feet. Now retired some 7 years but doing occasional work through an agency for HGV 1 Driving, keeps the brain active the bank manager happy, me out of the wife’s’ hair and allows some little treats.
Hope all is well with everyone during this period of Coronavirus so keep safe, drive only when you need to and keep ‘em 2 metres away

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Welcome.
I do like a toledo.
Hows the trucking going at the moment?
Ive heard its quiet. I guess it depends on what you carry.

Rich

Retiree2013

Jun 29, 2020
Toledo is giving me aggravation at the moment fixed one thing and another has taken it’s place . I shall do a Basil Fawlty and give it a good thrashing if it doesn’t sort itself out, given she’s 17 years old suppose we must expect these things.
Not much trucking done lately but it’s beginning to pick up a bit. Haven’t been idle though, her nibs suggested that where we once had our chickens could become a patio. 10 tonnes of earth, hardcore sand and cement plus slabs later along with fish pond electrics etc it’s done. Just need an exchange backbone for the one I have ruined