Panoramic roof blind/shade operation on Leon 1.4 eHybrid estate?

Torque69

Sep 18, 2021
South Birmingham
Hi All,

Have read the online pdf owners manual, but still none the wiser as to how just the blind/shade is opened and closed. Same basic pan roof on a Skoda Superb has a separate sunblind switch to that of the roof open/close/tilt switch..

How does it work on the Leon estate with the single slide/push switch please?

Of course if my car had been delivered I would suss it out.., but curiosity continues at this point... 😊😉🤣

Thx in advance

izometric

Feb 19, 2021
My Leon MK4 has panoramic roof.

I have two slide (touch control) switches. The one closer to the driver is for the blinds and the one closer to the passenger is for the glass roof.

Reactions: Torque69

Tell

Staff member
Mine sounds like the one above on the Ateca... one pulls the blind back the other juggles the glass.

Anyhow Leon 4 manual says this index to panoramic roof:
Screenshot_20211008-231734.png
Screenshot_20211008-231744.png

It has the useful note:

"The sunroof can only be raised if it is
closed. "

Torque69

Sep 18, 2021
South Birmingham
Mine sounds like the one above on the Ateca... one pulls the blind back the other juggles the glass.

Anyhow Leon 4 manual says this index to panoramic roof: View attachment 27722 View attachment 27723

It has the useful note:

"The sunroof can only be raised if it is
closed. "
Thanks, when i read the manual I didn't see two switches/touch areas, just two options (manual or automatic) of how to operate a single switch/touch area - manual mentions button singular, not buttons!!
Something got lost in translation from my perspective :D ;)

Love the useful note too :D :D

izometric

Feb 19, 2021
I took a photo of my controls. They work really nice.

Swipe back and forth activates full deployment of the blinds or the glass roof. Touching at any point during the movement stops the blinds or the glass roof in the desired position.

IMG_8822.jpg

Reactions: Torque69 and Tell

Tell

Staff member
Tastefully modelling the celebrated SOS button 😉.

If it's anything like the Ateca the light / switch gear changes if you have Panoramic / Non Panoramic. So for people who dont have the panoramic roof it looks a bit more primitive with the switch gear in the roof and light arrangement. You get the luxury of that as well with the panoramic roof. May be they finish it off better in the Formentor for those that don't go the whole hog.

Torque69

Sep 18, 2021
South Birmingham
I took a photo of my controls. They work really nice.

Swipe back and forth activates full deployment of the blinds or the glass roof. Touching at any point during the movement stops the blinds or the glass roof in the desired position.

View attachment 27727
The old addage that a picture speaks a thousand words!!
Thank you.
Owners manual confused the point and I'm a great subscriber to RTFM... ;) :D

izometric

Feb 19, 2021
Nope. Just the pictograms to the front, the SOS button and the two rectangles around the ceiling lights are backlit .

Tell

Staff member
Probably work on the basis you dont want to move the blind in the dark or open the roof. I tend to use mine on hot days in the summer whilst waiting in the car / taking a break. Ferry queues etc you dont get the side noise but get ventilation. Everyone to their own.

Torque69

Sep 18, 2021
South Birmingham
Probably work on the basis you dont want to move the blind in the dark or open the roof. I tend to use mine on hot days in the summer whilst waiting in the car / taking a break. Ferry queues etc you dont get the side noise but get ventilation. Everyone to their own.
My twins like star gazing!!

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
My twins like star gazing!!
Forgot that one. Is suppose to be good for grandchildren in the back although in the 50s/60s you stood on the back seat with your head out and the wind thru your hair 😉. Not sure how I know that one (it was an Austin Morris sun shine roof) probably seeded my need for sun shine / panoramic roofs 😂.

Torque69

Sep 18, 2021
South Birmingham
Forgot that one. Is suppose to be good for grandchildren in the back although in the 50s/60s you stood on the back seat with your head out and the wind thru your hair 😉. Not sure how I know that one (it was an Austin Morris sun shine roof) probably seeded my need for sun shine / panoramic roofs 😂.
Good memories!
I recall doing similarly in Dads Rover SD1 V8 with webasto roof (i think.., long wind to fully open the big sunroof) :D

Reactions: Tell
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.