Part of the Tarraco family

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
So it looks like with my 5 month old twins we need a big car and as my Leon ST is going back soon we may as well try and stay within the SEAT family, because, why not haha

Managed to get a half decent deal on a 2023 SEAT Tarraco 1.5 TSI DSG FR Sport in Deep Black (not a fan for cleaning purposes haha)

As the car is a cancellation it's already in stock and should be with me on the 2nd June.

How's everyone finding their Tarraco? I've managed to sit in a Xperience Lux and it seemed like a great place to be!

Has anyone managed to find a Black S badge for the front and rear or just an overlay that actually fits as the Tarraco seems to be a bit of the odd one out in terms of options (mainly only done for the Leon) something tells me I'd prefer all black if I do have a choice, I've ordered some tailor fit sun shades, rubber boot liner and Brodit mount for the centre dash vent.

ODB11 at the ready with loads of credits haha

Hope to be of service to anyone with questions over the years.

Cheers

Simon

Reactions: Tell

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Hi mate, can’t help you with any previous experience of the Terraco but I’ve pointed a few out to my missus trying to point her in the direction of one for her next car.
I’m happy plodding along with my old fleet of cars but her 07 plate S max is falling apart at the seams. It has another few months with us then it’s not worth mot-ing next time so it’s time for something new.
We have looked at a few cars and I’m not bothered about any of them but I sat in a Terraco when they first came out and I didn’t mind it.
We have 3 kids and so hoping the Terraco would fit everyone in in reasonable comfort.
I look forward to seeing how you get on with yours Simon.
Cheers,
Nathan

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
I’ve an fr in dark camo and wanted to do something with the front and rear badges and exhaust trims.I ended up using a can of matt grey plastidip on the lot-looks much better imo and is really hard wearing.
Loads of colours available,so may be worth considering…

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hi mate, can’t help you with any previous experience of the Terraco but I’ve pointed a few out to my missus trying to point her in the direction of one for her next car.
I’m happy plodding along with my old fleet of cars but her 07 plate S max is falling apart at the seams. It has another few months with us then it’s not worth mot-ing next time so it’s time for something new.
We have looked at a few cars and I’m not bothered about any of them but I sat in a Terraco when they first came out and I didn’t mind it.
We have 3 kids and so hoping the Terraco would fit everyone in in reasonable comfort.
I look forward to seeing how you get on with yours Simon.
Cheers,
Nathan
So being 6ft2 I'm not the greatest person to test seats out as I doubt there's an suv that I could set the drivers, middle and rear passenger to fit me in all behind one another, we've currently got the 360 chairs for the girls and I put one in the Tarraco on the middle seat behind a driver set for me, then moved the middle forward so it just fit, once I got in (after taking out the seat) the back and I'd say my knees were about 4 inches from fitting without being crushed. Maybe with 2 adults and 5 children none with bulky chairs you'd easily fit them all in.

IMG_20230521_124946.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I’ve an fr in dark camo and wanted to do something with the front and rear badges and exhaust trims.I ended up using a can of matt grey plastidip on the lot-looks much better imo and is really hard wearing.
Loads of colours available,so may be worth considering…
I loved the camo colour but the wife wasn't going for it haha plastidip has popped up a few times but I might go with an overlay as with having forum badges on the car I still need a silver touch on the car which an overlay might give. I'd like to try and stay gloss black if I can to match the black paint. I'll see what I get into and post back.

Tell

Staff member
They are really extended Atecas. I liked the improved passenger front leg room if you shove the rear seats back on the rails over the Ateca. Coming from an Altea I was use to the legroom up front on the passenger side to relax on long journeys. The Altea is really a Leon sized car in SUV form. To get that leg room I had before it's the next level up of the SUV platform which is the Tarraco, Kodiaq and Allspace. I've given up seeking that legroom now. Got use to not stretching out my feet on the passenger side 🤔. VAG stopped selling all the optional goodies on Seats by the time they brought the Tarraco out. I'd have to go to Cupra now to get them 🙄.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
They are really extended Atecas. I liked the improved passenger front leg room if you shove the rear seats back on the rails over the Ateca. Coming from an Altea I was use to the legroom up front on the passenger side to relax on long journeys. The Altea is really a Leon sized car in SUV form. To get that leg room I had before it's the next level up of the SUV platform which is the Tarraco, Kodiaq and Allspace. I've given up seeking that legroom now. Got use to not stretching out my feet on the passenger side 🤔. VAG stopped selling all the optional goodies on Seats by the time they brought the Tarraco out. I'd have to go to Cupra now to get them 🙄.
I had a good play around with an Xperience Lux and the easibility of everything was quite good, space is quite plentiful, still not sure on the 3rd row seats being useful but until I have someone that not 6ft2 like me to test I think it's hit and miss, thankfully the middle row can be quite squished as it's got baby seats on it. The FR Sport seems to have quite a good selection of goodies but a few things I would of expected is wireless phone charging, heated windscreen and steering wheel.

We had the Tarraco or a Ford Kuga on the list so I'm glad I'm still in the land of SEAT at the very least haha, not so sure about the infotainment system but i'll see what happens when I get it.

Cheers

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Third row is for the kids.... you get get a dog in it 🤔.
The dog deserves the whole boot if I was allowed one haha I think getting anything on the third row if you have baby seats is a no go unless you strip one side out, I guess you could flatten the 40 split seat and a dog could be harnessed to the the 60 split and you still let them in through the boot if you wanted to.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise