Questions Regarding Leon ST - FR 1.4EcoTSI - Drive the deal

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Yeah please report back, how much deposit did you guys put down?

I put 3k down. £500 is the initial deposit taken by the dealer, then the rest to pay just prior to collection.

Initially was looking at £1500 or so but my GAP insurance paid out much better than expected :lol:

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Lots of info about fuel economy here
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=429632
I’ve had an ST FR 1.4 ACT (As it was called when I bought it) for almost 40 months now, 64 plate. Car has been excellent and I love the engine. I took out the extended warranty for 5 years when I bought it, just had to use it at 39 months to have the turbo actuator valve replaced. Worth it for the peace of mind if you intend keeping the vehicle IMHO.
Conal

I paid for the 5 year warranty when i ordered my car in late 2015 but don't have any paperwork with the car to support/prove this, just wondering if you had/have any documentation with the car for this? Many thanks.

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
I’m pretty sure that I have, it will certainly be shown on my original invoice. I’m away at the moment so will have a look at what I’ve got when I get home on Sunday.
It is certainly shown on Seat’s system as I didn’t have to show anything when they looked at the car and booked it in for the job. Just signed the authorisation and that was it.
Will update later.
Conal

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I’m pretty sure that I have, it will certainly be shown on my original invoice. I’m away at the moment so will have a look at what I’ve got when I get home on Sunday.
It is certainly shown on Seat’s system as I didn’t have to show anything when they looked at the car and booked it in for the job. Just signed the authorisation and that was it.
Will update later.
Conal

Thanks for that, much appreciated.
Walter.

Last edited:

Kempo

2015 Leon 1.4 FR EcoTSI
Dec 30, 2017
I bought the 1.4 EcoTSI 150bhp manual

I bought my 2015 1.4 EcoTSI FR 150 in December and have to say I love it. It’s a cracking little engine and the car itself is excellent. I actually test drove a 2016 DSG they had at the dealer as mine was over at their other branch - I’ve been in fast cars with DSG but I was very impressed with the way this one felt but it was £3k over my budget as much lower mileage so I went with the manual. I would have been happy with either.

But, don’t go by the quoted mpg for this petrol. The Eco active cylinder technology is good and steady motorway speeds have shown around 42-44mpg but once you include some town driving and stop / start I think it’s nearer high 30s. I also drive 95% of time in Eco setting so its not my style! I have seen on here that 150 / 184 TDI owners are getting in the 50s but I only do 8k a year and the petrol engine is very responsive, even though it’s down almost 50lb ft torque on the same diesel.

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
Did you get the log book with Brokers4cars? Was it direct to the dealer or deposit to the broker?
When I bought my Leon 2 years ago I asked Brokers4cars just that. They said they'd probably retain it, but I should have it within 6 months. Also I wouldn't be the First Registered Keeper. Those two things put me right off.

Went with DTD (second time I've used them) and it is essentially exactly the same as walking into a dealership and placing an order. V5 arrived about 3 days after I picked the car up.

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
When I bought my Leon 2 years ago I asked Brokers4cars just that. They said they'd probably retain it, but I should have it within 6 months. Also I wouldn't be the First Registered Keeper. Those two things put me right off.

Went with DTD (second time I've used them) and it is essentially exactly the same as walking into a dealership and placing an order. V5 arrived about 3 days after I picked the car up.

I can only speak from personal experience having bought 3 cars through them and my youngest daughter one, I have been the first registered keeper in all cases and have received my V5 direct within 4 weeks of taking delivery, I think it's very much around what arrangements they have with which franchised dealers they are working with at the time so def worth asking.

I have a friend who ordered a Citroen DS through them about a year ago and he didn't get his V5 for 4 months BUT, the way they have to work that now to stay within the law is that he had to be the first registered keeper so his name was on the V5, just the address was not his, then the supplier did a change of address at the 4 month point and he received the V5 in the post from DVLC, and Yes he was the first and only registered keep on the document.......... but again I agree it is a question that has to be asked because dependant on what car make you are purchasing will depend on the arrangement any broker has with their supplier.

On my last order with them I paid a £500 deposit to the broker once I had approved and confirmed the order and options, got a receipt back same day, I then paid the balance to the finance company I think (I got it on PCP) the day before it was delivered,, I paid a £185 broker fee but that included delivery to my drive.

Last edited:

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
.... but again I agree it is a question that has to be asked because dependent on what car make you are purchasing will depend on the arrangement any broker has with their supplier...
Exactly. Worth doing via e-mail too so you have a written record should there be any "confusion" at delivery time.

Glad yours worked out, and clearly you asked the pertinent questions. In my case insisting on being the FRK resulted in the quoted price increasing by £3k, making them way off the mark.

As ever the advice is to get multiple quotes, ask the right questions and get the important answers in some written format... just in case.

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Exactly. Worth doing via e-mail too so you have a written record should there be any "confusion" at delivery time.

Glad yours worked out, and clearly you asked the pertinent questions. In my case insisting on being the FRK resulted in the quoted price increasing by £3k, making them way off the mark.

As ever the advice is to get multiple quotes, ask the right questions and get the important answers in some written format... just in case.

Well, my friend with the Citroen DS would say, he will gladly go down the Fleet route again as the only inconvenience was a 4 month wait for the V5, at the time he got his there was little more than a grand discount to be had on a DS and he got 5 grand off, providing you are the first and only registered keeper on the V5 then for many it won't be an issue...... I suppose we all makes our choices.

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
I paid for the 5 year warranty when i ordered my car in late 2015 but don't have any paperwork with the car to support/prove this, just wondering if you had/have any documentation with the car for this? Many thanks.

Hi there, back home now and had a look in my file of paperwork.
The extended warranty is first mentioned on the order form for my new car......I had a factory build order as I wanted specific extras. It next appears on the printed vehicle invoice as a separate item. Then, 9 days after I took delivery, I received an email from Seat confirming that my car was covered and giving the expiry date of the warranty and stating a 90,000 mile limit.
As I said in another posting, the information is certainly on Seat’s system as when I had a claim they just put in the reg and all I had to do was sign the authorisation for the work to be done, no other paperwork.
It might be worth a trip into a dealership and asking them to have a check on their system to make sure that your car is covered. Better to sort it out now rather than be arguing about it if you need to claim.
Hope that helps,
Conal

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi there, back home now and had a look in my file of paperwork.
The extended warranty is first mentioned on the order form for my new car......I had a factory build order as I wanted specific extras. It next appears on the printed vehicle invoice as a separate item. Then, 9 days after I took delivery, I received an email from Seat confirming that my car was covered and giving the expiry date of the warranty and stating a 90,000 mile limit.
As I said in another posting, the information is certainly on Seat’s system as when I had a claim they just put in the reg and all I had to do was sign the authorisation for the work to be done, no other paperwork.
It might be worth a trip into a dealership and asking them to have a check on their system to make sure that your car is covered. Better to sort it out now rather than be arguing about it if you need to claim.
Hope that helps,
Conal

Thank you so much for this info Conal, I have it listed on my original order from the dealer but I don't think it's mentioned anywhere else so I will make enquiries this week. Once again thank you!

I've must be having big 'Senior' moments lately! I just found the email from shortly after getting my car confirming my 5 year warranty, Doh!

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise