Rattles

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
Does anyones car suffer from rattles? I get a slight rattle coming from the front left somewhere that comes and goes. I’ve checked all around the dash area and door and everything is solid.

More annoyingly, there is another louder rattle that seems to be coming from the rear right when go over a bump. When I say rattle, it is more like a single tapping sound. Again had a check around the trim and parcel shelf and can’t seem to find where it’s coming from. Wondered if could be something in the headlining and if anyone else has had any rattles.

Pretty annoying in a month old car that has only covered 900 miles.

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
sounds like a trip back to the dealers
After waiting months for the car, having to take it back to the dealers for rattles as well as a couple of other things isn't ideal on a brand new car. So far there's been a few things that have taken the shine off of getting it.

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
After waiting months for the car, having to take it back to the dealers for rattles as well as a couple of other things isn't ideal on a brand new car. So far there's been a few things that have taken the shine off of getting it.
Yes I get your annoyance , rattles would big me too and we all know the infotainment needs a big update to fix a lot of bugs , still Maybe make a list and get it all sorted at once .

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
I read your thread about the exhaust, but see that it has been resolved as was just the valves opening. What rattles have you got from the interior?

There's a small vibration coming from behind the virtual cockpit that I can't solve with a bit of pushing on plastics, and the door cards annoyingly seem to make creaking sounds every now and then.

May try again to get them solved on my next service at a diff dealer, as I don't have much faith in my local one

Last edited:
Reactions: Big A
Jul 27, 2021
Agree re door card. I have an annoying vibration coming from where the LED strip meets the door card. I can press on the exact spot to stop the noice but no amount of pushing or tweaking will get rid of it

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
I have only had mine a week but the only rattles and squeaks come from the bloody child seat in the back. So, you know, might have to get rid of the child!

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
T have only had mine a week but the only rattles and squeaks come from the bloody child seat in the back. So, you know, might have to get rid of the child!
Is that the child or the child seat though 😁

Thought I had fixed the rear rattle. I took out the parcel shelf, checked and pressed on all the plastic parts where I think it could be coming from then went a on a 4 mile drive. All was silent and thought it might have been the parcel shelf moving when going over a bump and knocking against the plastic, but just as I was two mins away from home, it rattled and again as I turned into my street 😩 Looks like back to the drawing board.

May 12, 2022
Does anyones car suffer from rattles? I get a slight rattle coming from the front left somewhere that comes and goes. I’ve checked all around the dash area and door and everything is solid.

More annoyingly, there is another louder rattle that seems to be coming from the rear right when go over a bump. When I say rattle, it is more like a single tapping sound. Again had a check around the trim and parcel shelf and can’t seem to find where it’s coming from. Wondered if could be something in the headlining and if anyone else has had any rattles.

Pretty annoying in a month old car that has only covered 900 miles.
Yes, in mine I'm experiencing a rattling / squeaking noise coming from the front nearside, apparent when steering on uneven roads.

Reactions: Shackattack

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
I had a rattle on my 68 plate Octavia from new that got progressively worse - turned out to be an incorrectly fitted air vent box on passenger side.

May 12, 2022
interesting. I think my rattles are more squeaks as the body flexes (i have a panoramic roof). I seem to remember under the boot floor there is a polystyrene " spacer" used to fill the gap where i image a spare wheel might have gone before the hybrid battery was put there....I'll remove it and see if the squeaks disappear

pavol

Jan 19, 2022
@Marek @Big A
I experience rattling when I drive over bumpy road, not just straight road speed bumper. It is hard to identify the origin of that. It repeat only at certain type of roads, where are bumps and slopes. At first I scared myself that I scratch the bumper. :)
Does anyone resolve it?

Oceanic

May 25, 2021
I have notice this problem from time to time... but it seem to be in the winter it might be related to the cold temperature.. in the summer I do not have this problem..

Kingskullz

Oct 23, 2022
I do get a slight rattle with bassy songs on the front passenger side of the interior and it's kinda annoying. But I think it's due to the cold. Everything get's a bit harder and stiffer in the winter and might be the cause of these rattles. Hopefully they'll go away when it gets warmer again.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise