Rear anti roll bar replacement

RobertJames81

Oct 10, 2019
Hi everyone,

I need to replace the rear anti roll bar because the a) the bushes don't exist anymore :) it creaks when moving it and I have replaced all suspension so its definitely the bushes and b) the links are rust welded and I might as well replace the lot at the same time. There is a nice kit from autodoc for 100 quid all in including bushes and links.

I have some queries:

1) can I Jack everything up on mounts to get at the bolts.

2) is it true that you need to drill out the bolt as descibed in this post: https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/anti-roll-bar.464771/ as they are not meant to be removed.

3) anyone know of any good how to videos or guides? I'm a bugger for looking at multiple sources before attempting something new.

Thanks all.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi I think I just had to drill the front anti roll bar brackets the rears have 2 bolts holding a metal bracket on that you reuse. I used a big flat blade screw driver to force the old bracket off.

RobertJames81

Oct 10, 2019
Thanks for your reply. Thats good to know. Did you do it with jacks? Does the arb come out easy enough?

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Thanks for your reply. Thats good to know. Did you do it with jacks? Does the arb come out easy enough?
Yes mate I had the car up on stands both sides to keep the pressure on the anti roll bar level. It was very easy to do the hardest thing for me was the drop links but as your replacing yours you can just cut them off etc.

I’ve attached a link to a video that shows you what to expect. Hope it helps.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.