Recently downloaded VAG-COM 409-1

Jamie123

Nov 20, 2006
I have succefully downloaded this and it looks like it will work ok.

Now, im a bit unsure of the next steps like, what cable do i need to get? could someone give me a link possibly?

Also i have read that when you download it, it automatically goes to 'shareware', what kind of this can you do with VAG-COM in this mode?

PS, i have a Seat Leon 1.9TDI FR (150)

Any help is much appreaciated

Thanks

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
nothing wrong with using the 401.9, rosstec let you download it from their website, its only illegal if you use a crack instead of paying for the full version.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
There are bits of software out there that can enumerate a serial number for certain kinds of software, vagcom, msoffice, pc games etc.

Jamie123

Nov 20, 2006
Ah right i get what you mean now and to be quite honest i wouldnt be bothered with the hassle of that.
Do you have a rough idea of what this shareware version can do?

gorebrush

Sep 18, 2006
South Wales
Yup, RossTech freely give software away.

It appears to be fully functional until you get a car working on it.

Then you have to pay for a serial number to get it unlocked

Uwe@Ross-Tech

Jan 7, 2002
www.Ross-Tech.com
Yup, RossTech freely give software away.

It appears to be fully functional until you get a car working on it.

Huh? I believe it's quite clear that the free versions of our software are limited-function "shareware" versions and that if you want the full-function version, you have to pay for it.

If you buy an interface from us or from one of our authorized resellers, the license for the full version is included (and embedded in the interface) and the software becomes "full" upon use with the interface.

But if you but some third-party interface on fleaBay, the software will be "shareware" until you buy a license.

If you see anything on our site that leads you to believe otherwise, please tell me what it is so I can have a look and decide whether it should be clarified or whether you just need remedial reading lessons..;-)

-Uwe-

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.