• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Hi all.
I have a new 75 plate Seat Arona. Good days and bad with the RHS steering wheel buttons and upshift paddle. Some days it works 100% fine. Then some days only some of the RHS buttons work, sometimes none at all. Seems to be related to the light sensor or light unit. If I toggle the lights from auto to off, all the way to on and then back to auto the RHS buttons and upshift paddle start working and then work till the next time I drive the car. Obviously a software glitch that needs fixing. called SEAT. They quoted me £170 to run a diagnostic check. The car is brand new and it’s clearly a fault.
Hope this helps others.
 
It is nothing to do with light switch module. Just try what i suggested. Just reduce the interior lighting level to %60 or less.(Click the car icon / go to interior lighting) It will immediately work perfectly. But In my case the threshold was %60. In your case it might be different. just give it a try.
I’ve noticed my right hand side controls are not working past two days, I don’t have my interior lights on and the buttons still don’t work? - tried putting them on with half brightness, still nothing unfortunately