SEAT Ibiza 1.8T Pink Edition (aka Crazy Pony).

Ferkel

May 1, 2009
Kyiv, Ukraine
Hello all,

I want to introduce you some Ibiza from Ukraine. Couple years ago I made a post about my Ibiza, which was sold last year. I’ve change it to Subaru…Forester.

But now I want to tell you about my wife’s SEAT Ibiza. It was one of the 1st SEAT Ibiza, which was sold in Ukraine in 2006. We brought this car in the end of 2008, as used, from one of our friends from SEATlovers community.

Originally, this car was shipped to Ukraine and sold with VW’s 2.0L BBX engine, gasoline. It had 115 HP, according to specifications. This car was really predictable and really good in driving. We love it. But, after few rally and ring races, we understand that this engine is not enough for us. Especially when compare it with few Ibiza FR, presented in our city (Kyiv, capital of Ukraine). So we start to think/dream about 1.8T engine. Well, of course, swap engine from 2.0L to 1.8T had no any financial sense, so we left only as a dream and as thoughts “if this car was with 1.8T engine, it will be the best car”…

And, one day in 2012, my wife calls me after 5 minutes after she went to work with question: “the car is stalled… I cannot start again, what should I do?”
When I was at place (500 meters from home) I saw this. Cooling liquid was under the car, when we try to start the engine, starter worked with some stranger noises, all lamps on the dashboard blinking like a Christmas tree lamp. So we decide to take it to official service.
01.JPG

After few hours we saw the surprised and dejected faces of motorists and mechanics. They said to us that they first time saw a broken BBX engine. And it was a factory defect. And our warranty was ended in 2009, 3 years ago…
02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

After few seconds of disappointing we were HAPPY!!! It is really good opportunities for us to have 1.8T engine inside!!!

In the next few days we brought a 1.8T AUQ engine, gearbox, electric, exhaust and intake from Skoda Actavia RS, which came to Ukraine from UK for spare parts. The engine was about 75k mileage, so we decide to rebuild it totally. Because we had an idea to build a car for years without any nerves about when it will broke.

06.JPG

And that was a start of our project SEAT Ibiza 1.8T Pink Edition (aka Crazy Pony).

This project take almost 1,5 year of our life, sometimes we hate it, because it take so much time! We cannot even imagine the problems that we have encountered! According to the VW’s catalogue we have on our original car the same some parts with Ibiza FR and Actavia RS, with the same PN. But reality shows us that we saw three different parts in our hands with the same PN from our car, from FR and from the Actavia RS. And it was really long way to mix it all. Because we do not want to put engine and everything else in anyway inside. We want to build a car with new engine as it was planned from the factory for FR/Cupra.

For today it is fully prepared Stage 3 car, but with a small BW K03S turbine. If we install K04 turbine and change exhaust manifold it will be real 300+ Stage 3 car.

We measure this car at Dyno and had 202HP at wheels, which are equals about 237 engine’s HP. What is really good result for FWD 1.1 ton car with a small turbine.

So let me show the pics of the process and short specs of what we have in the final.
And YES, as I mentioned before, it’s my wife’s everyday car and she is blond, so we have few parts in pink)))

Engine:
AUQ 1.8T (stock 180HP) + custom chip tuning
Actuator - FORGE + Yellow spring (1.1 bar)
Nozzles - BOSCH 630cc
MAF – Audi S3 Stock
Spark plugs - NGK

Suspension:
Bilstein B12 Kit (Bilstein B8 (-30mm)+Eibach springs (-30mm))
Upper strut brace SEAT Sport (custom)
Lower stabilization brace Eibach

Exhaust:
Custom 2.5 inch

Intake:
Custom 2.5 inch + front intercooler

Gearbox:
Actavia RS stock + Damperless SACHS

Brakes:
Front – 312mm Zimmerman disks and pads
Rear - 256mm Vent Zimmerman disk and pads

Wheels:
BBS RG043 Forged 5*100, R16, J8

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

As I mentioned before, it was really hard project. And if you are interested in it and have a questions, I’m always open to discuss.

Regards,
Oleksii.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members