Seat Leon FR 1.4 TSI headlight settings.

Koulou

Apr 11, 2022
London, UK
Hey folks,

I own a 2016 Seat Leon FR 1.4 TSI (pre-facelift), and I've got some questions regarding the light settings in the car setup menu.

Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 16.07.15.png

I didn't find anything about the "Motorway light" and the "Automatic headlight control (rain)" in the manual. If I understand properly, I guess that both of these should turn on the headlights either on motorways (depending on the vehicle speed) or when it rains. Are my assumptions correct?

Cheers.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
You are correct about the headlights coming with rain (wiper stalk also has to be in the auto position) - will probably complete a few sweeps (c.3) before the lights activate.

The motorway lights may be one of a couple of things - I’m sure on the LED lights, there is a function over a certain speed (e.g. motorway speeds) the beam rises to aid the view further down the carriage way.

My Mk5 golf used to have a motorway function where the lights switched on at 90mph/150kmh. I think that this is due to the fact that on the autobahn it is recommended to have your headlights on when travelling at higher speeds.

Koulou

Apr 11, 2022
London, UK
The motorway lights may be one of a couple of things - I’m sure on the LED lights, there is a function over a certain speed (e.g. motorway speeds) the beam rises to aid the view further down the carriage way.

My car is indeed fitted with LED lights. If the "Motorway light" setting indeed rises the aid of the lights (which is pretty low and I need to visit a dealer to check it), it will be awesome! I haven't driven on a motorway at night yet to notice a difference.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
My car is indeed fitted with LED lights. If the "Motorway light" setting indeed rises the aid of the lights (which is pretty low and I need to visit a dealer to check it), it will be awesome! I haven't driven on a motorway at night yet to notice a difference.
Checked the owners manual. When driving at 110+ kmh (68+ mph) for 30 secs, the LED light beams will raise. Will lower when speed drops below 110 kmh.

Reactions: Koulou

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
Checked the owners manual. When driving at 110+ kmh (68+ mph) for 30 secs, the LED light beams will raise. Will lower when speed drops below 110 kmh.
The manual for my 2018 FR also states that main beam will raise above 70mph. However, on UK motorways the level of traffic means I very rarely can use main beam for more than a few seconds.

Koulou

Apr 11, 2022
London, UK
The manual for my 2018 FR also states that main beam will raise above 70mph. However, on UK motorways the level of traffic means I very rarely can use main beam for more than a few seconds.
That's true. :( I'm wondering if the speed at which this feature is triggered can be adjusted. I can ask the dealer I'll bring my car for some minor fixes in ~three weeks' time. I'm expecting a negative response. However, I guess that this can probably be adjusted via coding and programming, but I haven't gone that way yet. I'm still new here... 😇

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.