Service Schedule Items

fiddlermike

Nov 27, 2018
I have tried to obtain a service schedule list of items to be carried out at each service ie 12 momths (10K) 24 months (20k) 36 months (30k0 and so on . I have contacted Seat UK who referred me to a Dealership but they were unable to help.
Any car I have had previously this info has always been available.
Also does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram?
Any help on either of these matters would be appreciated even at a small cost

My vehicle is a 2016 Alhambra 2.0 ltr tdi 140 ecomotive.
Thanks

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Not sure on the official line. But I would say most important oil and filter change. I believe air filter is every year, pollen filter used to be every other year. I thought diesels were supposed to have their fuel filter done yearly. Something to do with water accumulating in the filter housing.

Reactions: fiddlermike

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
While that list is comprehensive, I had a smile when I noted "implementation of software from database with customer's approval" - I've never noticed that happening or the "check memory for logged faults and report" - now my experience of this with SEAT is not too good, my daughter's late 2009 Ibiza 1.4 16V 86PS SC was one of the group of Ibiza that SEAT knew might have been affected with incorrect s/w in the BCM, I after requesting the dealer to investigate this and getting no where, and being charged for faulty parts being replaced which I considered not to be faulty - I own a legal version of VCDS - after spending £680 on diagnosis, parts, recoding new parts, that car still had the battery discharging issue, it was only I went to another SEAT dealer that they considered what I was suggesting might just be correct, and they searched for the s/w patch via a request to SEAT, and that was downloaded into that car and solved it long standing battery discharging issues. With VW, checking memory for faults is just not happening, same for Audi, I was not really surprised when I carried out my 6 monthly memory check for faults on my S4 when I discovered many logged faults - from when a mirror and rear bumper had been removed for remedial paintwork by an approved paintshop. Changing the pollen filter every year? changing plugs every 2 years, nonsense and not manufacturer's plan for servicing, what has been shown here on that publication is what Audi/VW/SEAT/Skoda tell you you need to get done if you buy a used VW Group car and then book it into the correct marque dealership for servicing, really very naughty replacing items that don't need replaced at these intervals.

Edit:- as for "wheels off" during any scheduled service, not much chance, just a look at the age and suggestions about booking the car back in for brake work. Exactly the same for AC performance and wiper blade replacement, all based on age and mileage and not by checking.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
WChanging the pollen filter every year? changing plugs every 2 years, nonsense and not manufacturer's plan for servicing, what has been shown here on that publication is what Audi/VW/SEAT/Skoda tell you you need to get done if you buy a used VW Group car and then book it into the correct marque dealership for servicing, really very naughty replacing items that don't need replaced at these intervals.

I'm in this boat at the moment, I had a new fuel filter last year (petrol - 35k). I'm now on 45k and apparently it's fuel filter time again. On the one hand, it's cheap and you want to give your car the best. But on the other, when did fuel filters go from lifetime (or 100k -ish) to every year regardless of mileage?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.