Software Update Nightmare

Mar 7, 2023
Software Update completed today - took ages to do but then hasn’t finalised. Now when I switch on I just get the logo, and the small screens show “Loading Navigation” and “Loading Media” - thinks about it for 2/3 minutes then the screen goes blank, I get the manoeuvre braking not available warning and the whole cycle starts again. Is there a way to perform a reset myself as the useless dealership can’t book me in until 5th April which means I can’t operate my air con, heating etc until then!!!

The pic shows what the screen stays stuck at.

Attachments

• A0AE5B3C-E230-42EE-8146-961470DC1D73.jpeg
    A0AE5B3C-E230-42EE-8146-961470DC1D73.jpeg
    544.6 KB · Views: 119

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Any other Seat dealerships near you that could look at your car sooner? You don’t have to use the dealer who (I’m assuming) supplied your car.

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Assuming you already tried holding the power button on the media unit for several second until the unit reboots?

Mar 7, 2023
Yeah I tried the long press to no avail. The only other dealership nearby has an even longer wait time. I sent an email directly to Wayne Griffiths and received a reply saying it is being looked into so watch this space!

Mirador

Nov 25, 2021
West Sussex
There's far too much technology on the cars now which obviously hasn't been tested properly and what's worse very little support in getting the problems resolved. I know Audi experience very similar problems so assume Skoda and VW suffer too. Really poor in my opinion.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.